Lets find the Location for our CON!

Willow_Calypso

First Post
I haven't been watching the thread that closely, so I apologize if this suggestion has been made. But has anyone considered meeting up at the annual Gen Con in Indiana? It has a definite date, a definite location, and the city makes arrangements to accept large amounts of people (i.e. - easier to find a hotel), and their will be plenty of activities to do together that are RP related.

Adrie

First Post
it has been discussed and voted on already Willow...

if this becomes an annual thing it should be rotated from area to area. yes it's hard the first year cause everyone wants it in their backyard.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Adrie said:
it has been discussed and voted on already Willow...

if this becomes an annual thing it should be rotated from area to area. yes it's hard the first year cause everyone wants it in their backyard.

Tis why I asked. =D

Babylon Logos

First Post
James V said:
Kansas blows...Thats like saying, Hey lets all experience twister in real life and get smacked by mooing cows.

There are more tornados per year in Ohio than in Kansas. Nice try at the pathetic insult, Try doing some research before insulting the a state and living by Stereotypes.

James V

First Post
Babylon Logos said:
There are more tornados per year in Ohio than in Kansas. Nice try at the pathetic insult, Try doing some research before insulting the a state and living by Stereotypes.

What, it was a great movie :)

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Do I have to get my stick out?! Because I will. I promise!

Never experienced a tornado, not sure it's high on my priorities. :p

. o O ( Maybe I need a bigger stick...or a taser. )

:]

Kallikrates

First Post
Which is worse? A tornado or a hurricane?

How about a hurricane that spawns tornadoes?

That is how I remember Fran!

Let's all do a rain dance!

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Kallikrates said:
Let's all do a rain dance!

*looks innocent and hides the rain stick*

There have been some good points on both sides of considering the weather. Jokes about stereo types aside, every region has its drawbacks - if it were in TX (which I'm definately not suggesting, there aren't enough of use here, and in the summer, you just ain't movin' outside), besides the weather, I could russle up some scorpions, tarantualas and wolf spiders. Ariel could probably come up with some deadly but cuddly looking critters. . . Every place has weather and other issues to contend with.
So, to sum up some points that have been made and put them in one place: while any attending should be ready to contend with the weather - especially if it's decided to have a camping event - weather and other environmental factors shouldn't be that much of a factor in deciding a place.

Kallikrates

First Post
I agree Sienna.

The only factor weather should have on this even is what is brought along.

Chance of rain? We all know what umbrellas are. Even though mine is dusty.
Chance of severe storms? Grab some flash lights?

There are countermeasures for every type of weather, but I would rather not have to tug excess weight around.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Hehe. Not to contradict myself - but, when the place is chosen, and we get to discussing what sort of event, *known* severe weather should be considered then. Again, with Texas as an example (I'm only using it as an example, not as a suggestion), a camping event, in the summer - most especially in August - would be a very, very bad idea. Unless the weather behaves freakily out of pattern, it would be way way too hot. That's why even our Ren Faires are in the spring / early summer, and in the fall. I'm not sure about other states, but, if there are such predictable weather patterns, that would come into consideration. Again, not for choosing the locale, but for considering the type of event.

Remove ads