Lets find the Location for our CON!

Shasf

First Post
If one wishes to experience Twister without the Tornado and being smacked by a mooing cow, North Dakota would be the place.

It has all the wind you could want, indoors, outdoors, even underground. No way to escape the wind, not even by submerging yourself in water will help you.

Now, you might be able to escape the wind by being put inside a vacuum chamber, but then again, it might even get you there..

Though no one really wants to go to ND unless they're prepared to be bored beyond insanity...

Though as with all things, majority rules, as far as I know at least.

To make as many people happy, would be to set the location in a centralized location between the majority of those who are actually going to attend the Convention, its the best solution.

I might even get one person/thing to agree with me on that, and I know I'll get a lot of people/things to disagree with me, some may even ignore my two cents because I am not going to attend the convention (even though it sounds like a very good idea, and perhaps loosely based upon pre-existing conventions).

Though, I'm not even sure that these other issues have been addressed yet:

1) location to hold said convention (already has been addressed, just putting it up)
2) permission to hold said convention with local government
3) fundraising ideas to raise enough cash to cover expenses of renting said location and for paying for other items (tents, chairs, ect.)
4) how long will the convention last?

not to be the spoil-sport, but as I was reading, money seemed to be a big issue, and from what I've also read, the convention is a year a way (more or less I assume). And if those going cannot even agree on a location, how does anyone expect this to happen?

those we're my... <I>looks back at what he types</I> ...two quarters and three nickels worth on the subject at hand, sorry for bringing up issues that probably don't need to be here.

p.s.

as far as a centralized place goes (for majority), West Virginia seems to be as good of place as any (from what I can see from the map that BB [Brutal_Bonegrinder] provided with the little red dots)

Ruthia

First Post
Kallikrates said:
Someone else's opinion please.

I tried giving my oppinion. But honestly every time I did it was shot down. Feeling I'm getting from this thread at this point? Majority doesn't matter because Minority says so (wow, Typical USA attitude there) and that by this point, I don't wanna go. If we all bicker this much on a MESSAGE BOARD....how bad will we be in real life???

Imreis

First Post
Alright, this one is meant playfully you guys so dont take it seriously.

Teeechnically if we want a 'centralized' location to hold this, somewhere in mid eastern coast Canada is more fair since theres a good chuck of players from other countries.

*ponders* maybe we should all figure out where everyone lives and do some long division to figure out an exact location to where everyone has to drive/fly/ride a boat the same exact mileage.

Imreis

First Post
And now for the serious part. Here is a list of all 50 US states since a majority want it held there:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina,South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Now from here, we take the top states that were picked, and slowly widdle it down from there. When we finally got a state selected, then we do a choice of a city for it to be held in. From there then we can perhaps pick a desired location.

My Vote: Michigan

I vote West Virginia. And once again, I'll note something that hasn't been talked about. If we can hold it somewhere where it is very cheap for a bunch of people to get to, we can contribute towards the people who have to pay more, thus making it cheaper all around.

Ruthia said:
I tried giving my oppinion. But honestly every time I did it was shot down. Feeling I'm getting from this thread at this point? Majority doesn't matter because Minority says so (wow, Typical USA attitude there) and that by this point, I don't wanna go. If we all bicker this much on a MESSAGE BOARD....how bad will we be in real life???

I would hope like a popcicle in the hot noon sun, that those feelings would have melted away. I said it was going to be a vote, regardless of who says what in this thread it all comes down to the common man sitting in a booth (woman also) and putting the check where it counts, then when I count them of course grading on a curve making you all fail but me, we will find it will happen on the coast.. which I dont care its all fun right?!!!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!??! Crap WHEN DID THIS BECOME NOT FUN AND A GOOD IDEA! :p

But I have to recant, so much fuss over east coast and central united states, I am going to do this to make it easier.. A poll for, yep you guessed it, for which area, central or east coast.. the fate of all that is true and corny is in your hands. *holds up the might split in half pen by that guys sword. Motions to said guy with sword.*

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Well darlings, second vote off the rank and I went east coast. And you cant claim me biased, coz well, to be totally honest with you, IT COSTS ME MORE TO GET THERE!

But that's where the players are. Makin' it simple for everyone is ludicrous. And John's right, what's to say we cant sponsor west coasters. Assign one to me and I'll fly their backsides over with me. I need a fwend anyways! :p

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Well my friends it seems voting IS possibly the best way to get this done, afterall. And it is very difficult to make everyone happy, so I apologize for that. But, Brutal has the right idea, setting up the poll for which area to have it in. XD

And as for the state I would vote for... I'm not entirely sure but I do know I wouldn't vote for my own state... Beings I have been stuck here my whole life and have never ventured outside of it's boundaries. *cries!*

Last edited:

Remove ads