Lets find the Location for our CON!

That's what I was thinking Ruthia. I don't see how Kansas is centralized...and yeah, New York for me. And Itzquahpilli's character lives in Vermont. And who lives in New Hampshire and never told me about it!?

If we did do Kentucky, I think that would make more sense. It would save the most money and people could donate towards the others who would have to fly in, eh?

Adrie

First Post
I have to agree with Ruthia, central east coast, cause unfortantly thats where the majority of the players are. As for central east coast hurricanes usually aren't a huge problem actually we just get the remains (ie rain) from them. its more southern east states that get the actually hurricanes

the point is to make it a fare travel distance for everyone, regardless of where the majority of the players are, the point is to find a happy medium for everyone not just the majority.

Not everyone can spend 500bucks on a ticket, or a week on the road

If you believe that the west coast travellers arnt a big deal if they can afford or go, then so beit.

Just trying to make it so EVERYONE has an equal if not honest chance of being able to participate.

Last edited:

MistyThorin

First Post
John a.k.a Sir D said:
And who lives in New Hampshire and never told me about it!?

Hehe, I did tell you about it. You just don't remember who all I play. Gabby ring a bell for Sir Dieterich?

I'm about an hour from Brattleboro, by the way. :)

Kallikrates

First Post
I've forgotten what hurricanes are, but Kentucky definitely sounds more reasonable to me as it's only between 8 and 12 hours drive away.

I love those maps. I used Mayfield, Owensboro, Lousiville, and Pikeville as references for any trip into Kentucky. Pikeville being the east most, Mayfield the west most, and Louisville being the north most. My apologies for going of on a tangent, but it's good to know the length of travel.

Acacia Velvendra

First Post
It's not an invalid point, Ruthia, depending on WHEN you want to set it in the Midwest, you might have to worry about tornadoes. I was actually kind of hoping for something a little further away from here, but if everyone agrees on Kansas, I'm up for that. It's less than a day's trip for me.

Oh, and I had absolutely no clue Mortonia's from Des Moines, too! That's amazing! Now I'm wondering if I've ever ran into her...*thinks*

Well, now I'm actually going to throw in my 2 cents worth. Anyone considered Branson, Missouri? There's a ton of hotels and stuff there (course it's busy as sin, but irregardless) AND it's a day's drive from almost everywhere in the US. Granted, the people who don't live in the US would still have to fly, along with some people further toward the coast, but that's going to happen no matter what we do, I think. Anyhow, that's my 2 cent's. Now I'm going to get back to work!

~love and kisses~

Kallikrates

First Post
I would have to agree the Branson, Missouri is nearly a day from everyone.

Let's see...It's an 18 hour drive for me, a 31 hour drive for the Northeastern part of Washington state, a 27 drive from Edmundston which is right on the Maine, US/New Brunswick, CA line.

From Miami it's almost 22 hours and from San Francisco it's 30 hours.

So...the facts don't lie Acacia is correct no matter the few hours off.
So I suppose the Branson, Missouri is truly in the middle of it all.

Almost anyway!

Well, Gabby's player, sweet :), I didn't think anyone else was from Vermont or New Hampshire... I'm from Thetford Center, Vermont...sort of near White River Junction, or Hanover, if you recognize any of those. Right now though, I'm in Lyndonville, in college... So yeah, nice to know I have a neighbor real close here to.

In the summer I have Ruthia, *waves*

Cloaked Woman

First Post
I like the Branson idea much more then Kansas... but I do understand the need for a central location... but at the same time you need to see where the majority of the people are... sorry cause a trip to Branson for me most likely is over 300 bucks. and to drive there it would take me two days, sorry I can't drive straight through sorry you need to look at actually time to get there not just the driving hours

Remove ads