Bront, can we get a Shopfront category?

Dargon

First Post
I surgest that we collect all the links for shops run by PC's somewere so it is easier for people to find. Lord Baldrian is looking for a shop were he can get his armor and unless it get urgent i am going to wait until Tarag comes back as he can't go to Ces's armour as ces i run by me too.
Now it is alot easier if you can just look in the Shop thread and se what options you have.
i only know of the two i am running, Tarags forge, and Di Senzio's Magical Shop. If their is more a list like that would be handy.

the thread could be presended as the union of orusssus shopkeepers or somethimg like that to give it a flavour of lew fluff.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Hey, Orussus' first shopping mall! :lol:

It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how we'd manage it in practical terms. A sub-thread would, in a way, remove it from the everyday bustle of life in Orussus (sort of like putting it in the outer suburbs). And shopfronts definitely aren't the type of thing I'd want to see stickied.

As it is, traffic on LEW is low enough that I've only had to bump Tarag's Forge onto the front page once in the four months it's been running. But having said that, I remember seeing a poster from one of B4chhus' characters (I think - do you have a shopkeeper character, B4cchus?) in the RDI, advertising his wares.

I've just discovered back on page 3 a thread for Juliana's shopfront. So I guess there aren't actually many of them.

One thing we might be able to do is to add a category to the thread description, so that we shopkeepers could denote our threads as "Shopfront" rather than, say, "General".

As to the "Union of Orussus Shopkeepers" - hmm, could work. I don't see Tarag having much patience for Union politics, though. Hey, could still be fun! One other possibility is in the Master Crafter proposal thread, which mentions a relevant Guild.

What do others think?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
Hey, Orussus' first shopping mall! :lol:

It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how we'd manage it in practical terms. A sub-thread would, in a way, remove it from the everyday bustle of life in Orussus (sort of like putting it in the outer suburbs). And shopfronts definitely aren't the type of thing I'd want to see stickied.

As it is, traffic on LEW is low enough that I've only had to bump Tarag's Forge onto the front page once in the four months it's been running. But having said that, I remember seeing a poster from one of B4chhus' characters (I think - do you have a shopkeeper character, B4cchus?) in the RDI, advertising his wares.

I've just discovered back on page 3 a thread for Juliana's shopfront. So I guess there aren't actually many of them.

One thing we might be able to do is to add a category to the thread description, so that we shopkeepers could denote our threads as "Shopfront" rather than, say, "General".

As to the "Union of Orussus Shopkeepers" - hmm, could work. I don't see Tarag having much patience for Union politics, though. Hey, could still be fun! One other possibility is in the Master Crafter proposal thread, which mentions a relevant Guild.

What do others think?
I agree with you 'Nock--I wouldn't merge these all together for the reasons you described, and the 'union' seems less than ideal fluff-wise (realistically, this type of economy would form guilds based on type of craft rather than on the profession 'shopkeeper').

The Shopfront category is not a bad idea. We can get Bront to do that. He has powers and stuff.

Dargon

First Post
Well I did not meant to put the shops in one thread /building merely having a list with them like the character list.

But a Shopfront category would make it easier to brows through the threads to locate shops

Boddynock

First Post
Is this strictly a "proposal", which requires a certain number of judges' approvals, or is it something we can just go ahead and ask Bront to do?

(Of course, if it does need more judges' input, this question serves to bump the thread! ;) )

Remove ads