Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

Round 2.

The centipede moves his head down quickly, trying to tear a piece of flesh from Daggermouth, but the quick wolf dodge.

"Kill it!" cries Nerrak, using his knees to maintain his position on Daggermouth as he again slashes at the centipede with his scimitar. Taking advantage of the lowered centipede, Nerrak strikes hard and deep.

Encouraged by his master, the wolf's jaw snap viciously at the vermin, tearing at its flesh.

Screaming a mighty war cry, Sumx leaps in to attack the centipede, slashing at the creature with his trusty battle axe.
"Arrrhhh!"

[sblock=Actions]
Monstrous Centipede – Full attack Bite Daggermouth 8
Nerrak – Attack Centipede 24/24 [Critical], dmg 6.
Daggermouth – Bite Centipede 16, dmg 6. Trip attack is unsuccessful.
Suxm – Flank attack Centipede 8.
Mek – Hypnotized.
Ur'nagi – Hypnotized.

Active spells & Effects:
None
[/sblock]

I spotted some mistakes on Suxm sheet, I'll correct them.

Attachments

• Tower ruins Yar gock.xls
    45.5 KB · Views: 55

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Sumx

"Uoo arr!" screams Sumx, lifting his bloodied battlaxe above his head. Once more he swings at the monstrous multipede.

[sblock=ooc]BattleAxe +0 (+2) melee 1d6 dmg X2 Sl

Humm. Seems to have lost the +4 bonus. Thought that that seemed to be rather nice. But shouldn't there be a +1 masterwork bonus to the battle axe? I also usually include the +1 size bonus to attack with small creatures in the above 'standard form'. Do you want that added? I did anyway, just in case. Both of them in fact.

Another question - his equipment lists a small heavy shield, his AC calculation lists a buckler. I only noticed it because I was going to have him swing 2 handed, then remembered the shield, then noticed the buckler reference. iirc, you can use two hands with bucklers.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Emboldened by his successful strike against the centipede, Nerrak continues slashing at the creature. Daggermouth utters a feral growl, and again snaps at the manxome foe.

Nerrak: Attack +3 or +5 flanking (1d4+1/18-20)
Daggermouth: Attack +3 or +5 flanking (1d6+1/20) (+ trip if successful, though against a centipede this seems less than likely)

End of Battle

Trying to flee for safety, Nerrak thrust his scimitar deep into the centipede, the crawler slams into the earth, dead. the rest of the night is uneventful.

Hours pass and first glimpse of sun rays peek from above the horizon. Once the light falls on the red rock, Mek and Ur'nagi snaps out from their night dreaming.
But the light hurts the goblins' eyes, the hatful sun is arising.
We must hurry back. The cursed shining globe is coming!!
Suxm shrieks

Rhun

First Post
Nerrak is quite please with his performance against the centipede. He cuts the sharp mandibles from the creature, hoping to fashion some jewelry or such out of them. Unable to free his companions of the hypnosis, the witchdoctor simply sets to guarding his wards against any further threats.

The dawning sun seems to free them, and Nerrak wraps a thin cloth around his eyes to keep the dreaded sun from burning them out. "Come, come" he says to them. "We must go. Grab hold of the Red Rock, and let us return home quickly!"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1)

Mek shakes off the hypnotizing effect and his eyes come to a clear focus on the rock and then he looks around at the rest of the goblins and he sees that they are all accounted for.

He then begins to push the rock towards home, hoping full well that they are not noticed on their way back.

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Ur'nagi is furious when she eventually realises what happens. Her anger is only made more bitter by the memory of how much she wailed inside when the lights began to fade, and the overwhelming sense of loss she felt as she re-emerged into consciousness. "I hate magic," she growls to no one in particular.

She stomps around for a bit before noticing Mek's efforts to push the stone. "Bahh!" she snarls, "We will be out here until high daylight doing it like that." She strides off towards the nearest trees.

[sblock=ooc]I'm thinking they sling the rock from the pole. They can use Ur'nagi's cloak as before. Say Mek at one end, two goblins at the other. The wolves would probably be more efficient but not sure if the PC's have the resources and time to organise that.

I'm assuming that Ur'nagi would have seen hunters carry their kills this way, or something like that.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1)

Mek nods in agreement with Ur'nagi's motions, pulls out his hefty axe, and follows her to the tree line intent on creating some sort of a contraption to ease carrying the red stone back to the clan.

Three can push the red stone, as long as one of them is Mek. The knoll's slope eases on the rolling. And after an hour, the big bugbear and the watered eyes goblins make it to the main entrance (#15 on the map)
Knowing that the secret entrance is usable only at night, the party do not risk that someone might spot them entering through it.
Once in the main entrance, several goblins come to aid the party to roll the big rock, not because they are so polite, it is because the Mogur told them to do so.
As for your wolves, you dismiss them to the kennel (#7).

Bring it to the eyed cave (#4)
Tok-Razul (The high priest) barks.
you and you.
He points to Suxm and Nerrak.
Stand guard, do not let anyone to enter the sacred temple or I'll tear your ears off, in the evening we'll begin the ceremony.

You can go to your duties. (In the prison)
He says to Mek
And you are dismissed wench.
He says to Ur'nagi and leave.

It seems that you are the first group that returned, Ik'gosh, the crazy female shaman and the four hired hobgoblins haven't returned from their mission – to pillage a caravan and bring back a human male and a human female.
And the four goblins and two bugbears haven't returned yet from the howling forest. It is going to be hard work for Mek. Now that two bugbears are still outside, he and Floch-Ta need to take care of the prisoners.

OOC - Xp updated in the RG

Rhun

First Post
Nerrak raises an eyebrow and looks at Suxm. The goblin witchdoctor shrugs, and then takes up his position guarding the sacred temple.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases