S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
"If anyone needs major healing, come to me now and let our martial compatriots continue the fight."

"Only the dwarf and our invisible friend don't need major healing." Sanne looks around for a second. "If we leave Thanor alone out there, he will too." She says, and if Aern fails to drop Scorrow 1, she steps in and takes a pair of stabs at it with her now-enhanced blade. She might well fall, but she would not go out running.

[sblock=ooc]
If someone heals her, or Aern doesn't take down Scorrow #1, Sanne gambles that she can finish it off, and takes a 5' step into the fray

atk; dmg (assuming scorrows are either vermin or aberrations, which seems a safe bet) (1d20+13=18, 3d6+7+1d6=22) ap (2d6.takeHighest(1)=6) (so it's 24 to hit)

2nd attack; dmg (1d20+8=14, 3d6+7+1d6=20)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sanne said:
"Only the dwarf and our invisible friend don't need major healing. If we leave Thanor alone out there, he will too."
Yoggrith looks an appraising medical eye over the battlefield and his fellow combatants. "That is not true, half-elf. The wizard does not even appear to be halfway injured, and the archer has a bit of fight in him."

He sees the profuse bleeding and suffering Sanne is under while she continues to press the attack, and he tsk tsks her. "You however, are about to drop dead. Do not be foolish. Have faith in the fortitude and armor of our dwarf to withstand several seconds of fight so that you can actually be healed and return to battle, actually useful. But to stay within the fight with what you have already suffered is stubborness and foolishness of the highest order. You are no good to any of us dead."

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor stands as tall as his dwarven heritage will allow him and shouts out in dwarven, Come taste me steal, drow-spawn! This axe will be cleansed with your pathetic blood! He then once again swings his axe at the scorrow before him.

[sblock=ooc] swift action, Knight's Challenge:Test of Mettle. All enemies CR 6 or higher within 100' must make a will save vs DC 16 or be forced to attack Thanor with their melee or ranged attacks (or include him in AoE effects). The enemy must have a language and an intelligence of 5 or better, or it is immune.

Then Thanor attacks the scorrow nearest him, +11/+6 for 1d10+3 damage. The nearest one has my dodge and shield block.[/sblock]

OOC: AC 27 vs nearest Scorrow, 25 vs. the other

Voadam

Legend
Voadam aims his second wand again, this time at the ground under the blade wielding scorrow, hoping to force it to spend its time getting up instead of pounding multiple times on party members.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi felt a twinge of unease as her arcane bolt seemed to dissipate against the scorrow's chitinous hide. With everyone else involved in the fight, she didn't feel terribly confident about her own ability to help, at least directly. But maybe she could do something clever...

OOC: So I have this idea, but no real guess about whether it is legal- never might whether it might work. My thought would be to use her Eternal wand of Unseen servant to snag that necklace off the scorrow. Since it isn't actually in hand, a disarm doesn't seem quite right, and Unseen Servant has some peculiar limits. I'll have to have to ask for a GM ruling on that- if it would be legal, she'll try it, whether it is likely to work or not (with whatever rolls might be deemed necessary). If it isn't legal, Ipshivi will just re-invoke her Walk Unseen ability and move 5 feet "north".

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 6 - Partial

Initiative:

22 - Scorrow #2 - Full attack on Thanor - 2 HIT (CRIT Confirmed!) for 34 damage
19 - Aeranduil - Full attack on Scorrow #2 - 1 HIT for 10 damage
19 - Morika - Fly 30' up, Call Lightning on Scorrow #2
19 - Yoggrith - Cast Neutralize Poison on himself from scroll
18 - Sanne - Tumble to (6,16), attack Scorrow #2 - HIT for 15 damage
17 - Thanor - Attack Scorrow #2 - 2 HIT for 20 damage
13 - Voadam - Cast Magic Missile on Scorrow #2
10 - Ipshivi - Total Defense, Scan area

The scorrow's blades and stinger begin to move in a hypnotic pattern as it faces off with the dwarf -- the stout dwarf deflects the stinger out of the way, but immediately is caught across the forearm with one of the creatures blades. Following its arc with his eyes, Thanor drives it into the ground with his axe on the follow-up attack, but the nimble opponent skewers the dwarf with his off-hand blade, catching a crease in his armor just above Thanor's shield which barely misses the dwarf's heart.

Glad to see one of the resilient scorpion-things fall, Aeranduil steps to the side to get a clear shot at the creature. He quickly sends another volley of arrows streaking through the air -- the first glances off the chitin on the creatures carapace, the elf regroups for the second arrow, sending it into is abdomen, while the third is batted away by the creatures blade.

Morika uses her wings to power her upward out of fireball range, and then screams to the stormy sky, calling down lightning upon the remaining scorrow -- but once again the energy is neutralized by some unseen force. [SR Check FAIL] [Test of Mettle dispelled]

Yoggrith reaches into a case at his belt and retrieves a rolled up piece of parchment, he quickly intones the various glyphs and sigils presented upon it and removes all of the poison currently coursing through his veins.

She had intended to withdraw after dispatching one of the creatures, but after seeing vicious blow Thanor took while keeping the other scropion-thing focused on him, she felt she could not withdraw just yet. This thing needed to die, and quickly. She danced to a flanking position across from the dwarf, and lunged out with her blade as she completed the move, opening up a large gash on the creatures carapce.

Thanor staggers as the fiery pain of the creature's blade racks his chest, but his dwarven pride prevents him from allowing any extended reaction. Instead, his eyes narrow and he smiles. Aye, that were a good hit, bug-legs. Mayhap I can finally do something with me axe now that ye have me attention. His will is not denied, as the dwarf brings his axe into deadly contact with the creature twice.

Flying over the last Scorrow and looking down upon its exposed head Voadam mutters "I should carry a large stone for situations like this." Invoking arcane words of power the wizard gestures and four bolts of bright white power streak from his fingers to pit his magic against the creature's spell resistant hide. The bolts impinge upon the creature, but no visible effect is seen. [SR Check FAIL]

With only one scorrow left, and none of her companions out of action, Ipshivi gave a soft sigh of relief. She wasn't foolish enough to believe that the fight was over yet, though, and she scanned the area carefully, looking for any other potential threats.
[sblock=Ipshivi]
You don't see or hear anything else besides your group
[/sblock]
OOC:
Condition Summary:

Voadam: (27/43)
Yoggrith: (27/74)
Aeranduil: (26/64) + poison
Sanne: (1/65)
Morika: (10/66) - Call Lightning (7 rounds)
Ipshivi: (46/46) - Walk Unseen
Thanor: (54/110)
Scorpion #1: Dead
Scorpion #2: Dead
Scorpion #3: Dead
Scorpion #4: Dead
Scorrow #1: Dead
Scorrow #2: Moderately Wounded

Red square is the pit.
Gray area is web

No change in map as of yet, please refer to the one for last round.

Attachments

• Round 6.JPG
    Round 6.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Glad to see one of the resilient scorpion-things fall, Aeranduil steps to the side to get a clear shot at the creature. He quickly sends another volley of arrows streaking through the air.

AC: 23, HP: 26/64 + poison

A) 5' step to (11,14)
B) Precise Shot + Rapid Shot + Woodland Archer (Adjust for Range) vrs Scorrow 2: +15/+10/+15 (1d8+7/x3)

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.[/sblock]
[/QUOTE]

drothgery

First Post
She had intended to withdraw after dispatching one of the creatures, but after seeing vicious blow Thanor took while keeping the other scropion-thing focused on him, she felt she could not withdraw just yet. This thing needed to die, and quickly. She danced to a flanking position across from the dwarf, and lunged out with her blade as she completed the move.

[sblock=mechanics]
Tumble to a flanking position (perhaps under Voadam), then attack.

atk; dmg (1d20+15=27, 4d6+7=15)
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika uses her wings to power her upward out of fireball range, and then screams to the stormy sky, calling down lightning upon the fire-hurling scorrow.

OOC: Moving straight up 30', and then calling down 3d10 lightning on bead-throwing scorrow.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor staggers as the fiery pain of the creature's blade racks his chest, but his dwarven pride prevents him from allowing any extended reaction. Instead, his eyes narrow and he smiles. Aye, that were a good hit, bug-legs. Mayhap I can finally do something with me axe now that ye have me attention.

[sblock=ooc] Thanor attacks the scorrow +11/+6 for 1d10+3 damage. It has his dodge and shield block, so AC 27. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads