S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
Having no means to find an invisible scorrow, Sanne will move by Yoggrith in hopes that the halfork is not too offended that she ignored his suggestion.

Rhun

First Post
As the scorpion-thing disappears, Aeranduil frowns and lowers his bow. It wouldn't do any good to shoot blindly into the jungle. While the elf's wounds were not life-threatening, he could still feel the poison tingling in his blood. Walking slowly toward Yoggrith, Aeranduil smiles. "I don't suppose you know any useful tricks for removing poison from the blood?"

I'm hoping between a heal check from Yoggrith and Aeranduil's own decent fort save, he can avoid any poison damage.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=ooc] The scorrow is still in my threatened area, right? Would I get an AoO as he went to drink the potion? [/sblock]

[sblock=Thanor]
Completely spaced that for some reason...thanks for the reminder! :) Anyway, I updated the combat post -- Sanne's AoO hit, yours missed.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"If anybody wants to help me kill that darn, thing, now is the time. He is getting away. I'll be able to point it out, if you can keep up." Ipshivi's voice had a rather peevish whine to it. "What we really need is a wand of Glitterdust..." Even as she spoke, she was already moving, drawing some of her extensive array of magical gadgets.

OOC: Moving to pursue, trying to keep the scorrow in sight. First move is to follow as best she can for a double move- while she moves she will keep up a steady low hum, so that people can stay close to her. Next round draw and use Wand of expeditious retreat, if anyone expresses interest in following. If no physical types are following, she'll break off pursuit. If people seem to be interested, next round is one move, then draw wand of unseen servant- to hold a particular target item (plant frond or something) directly over the scorrow.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Sanne comes over to him, he nods once to let her know he will attend to her presently. However, when he hears Aeranduil say "I don't suppose you know any useful tricks for removing poison from the blood?", he raises a finger to her to say it will be a second. He instead moves to the archer and takes out some antitoxins and salves and begins ministering him in the hopes of minimizinf the poison's impact. (Heal check on Aeranduil for poison. Nect round Yoggrith will cast Cure Critical Wounds on Sanne.)

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]
FYI, you noticed that in the scorrow's turn of movement, it moved more than twice as fast as you do (without Expeditious Retreat). After travelling with the others for as long as you have, you realize that only with magically enhanced speed will any of you be able to keep up, or catch up with it.

Morika and Voadam could keep up while flying, of course.
[/sblock]

OOC: If you are planning on pursuing the scorrow, then I will continue posting in a round-by-round tactical fashion. If you are not planning on pursuit and instead concentrate on healing your wounds, then I'll put a halt to it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'll go with ye Ipshivi, show me the motherless wretch!" Morika snarls, not wanting to see this fight have gone to waste. Maybe this thing was partially resistant to her magic, but if she threw enough at him, eventually he'd count on it when it failed him...

Redclaw

First Post
Good luck to ye, lass. Me dwarven legs wouldn't prove up ta tha task, I fear, Thanor explains as he tries to wipe the mud off his armor.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Scorrow Pursuit

Ipshivi cries out to the others,"The scorrow is invisible and running away, towards the deeper marsh!"

The elven archer and shifter druid both take up the call -- as the invisible halfling darts after the scorrow. (Double move - 40', Morika and Aeranduil delay to follow Ipshivi) Ipshivi draws near the fleeing foe, and relaying some terse targetting instructions to Aeranduil. (All arrows miss due to concealment) He peppers the area with arrows, but none connect with anything invisible.

Morika flies along, an ear trained on the humming sound coming from Ipshivi, while the archer continues to look for any clue as to where to send his next volley of deadly arrows.

The scorrow continues to flee at a break-neck speed, opening up a sizeable gap between Ipshivi (Double move for Scorrow - 100') and himself, as the latter stops briefly to draw a wooden stick from her haversack (Draw and use Wand of Expeditious Retreat - move 50' to follow scorrow - gap between Ipshivi and Scorrow is now 60').

Morika floats overhead shouting,"Where? Where?"

Last edited:

Remove ads