Winter ball

Ruthia

First Post
Kalreil said:
Whether or not offence was ment, you do tend to come off a bit on the overbearing side,Dontella.

We all come off like that at some point or another Kal.

Kalreil said:
The snowball fight is a good idea, especially for those of us that still have some of Alek's snowball wands.(bet you forgot about that, Ru.)

Oh gods, the cold horror. *shudders* Snow down the pants! Who was it that shoved one in Rajak's pants...I can't remember now.

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
Writing something on the boards, IM's or in chat can sometimes be misunderstood simply because there is no way to determine the actual tone the author is using. I myself have seriously misunderstood comments and situations in the past and am the first to admit it.

That being said, can we drop the misunderstandings and clarifications and get back to the subject at hand? Please??? ;)

Some good ideas rolling out here folks, I'll have to look at the ice hotel later today when I have a chance. I may even get a preliminary descrip together and see what everyone thinks so far.

Keep the ideas coming!

Khaira

First Post
Can we compromise by combining some [not all] of the options? Perhaps a few options ... the caveman/winter horror (in a separate section, perhaps), with the main area being the forest-fluffy-fae thang, and Feast of the Moon ... well, not sure precisely how that would be played out.

And of course, Donny, I play almost exclusively elves, so of course the fluffy fae is satisfactory to me. :)

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
Last year's winter ball was a huge compilation of everyone's ideas so I don't see why not, I just have to figure out how to mash them all together.

Kallikrates

First Post
Nashy:

Well Picasso made great artwork even IF his work look disorganized at the least.

And bums covered with snow...That's hilarious!

But, wait...why am I even on this thread?

I just remembered that I don't usually participate in these events. :(

Right...Good luck with it....*walks away looking bewildered*

About being a winter solstice celebration.. I know that there is a time in the realm for all the solstice, but since we do pretty much a Ball almost every holiday, even holidays that do not exist in FR when the time comes around for us, I just didn't think it would be a big deal. Anyhow, just another thought :)

Imreis

First Post
Well I had a kinda nifty idea here. What about making the inside of the ball room look like the interior of a giant igloo and if we don't end up doing the snow man FG, dress him up like a Eskimo :) All the decorations can be like you can see through the floor like it was ice over water and lots of big trout fishies swimming under the surface. Heck even have ice fishing holes in places were patrons can fish out there own meals if they wanted to - or just order from the menu if they aren't good fishers.

*ponders a bit more* Ohhh! and have sled rides pulled by sled dogs where lovers can snuggle for warmth. oohohohoh! and what about having big bear skin rugs next to fire pits for people to sit at instead of tables? And if we do have tables have them be low to the ground.

Just some food for thought.

Remove ads