Your favorite d20 System variant?

Your favorite d20 System variant?

• Poll closed .

jonrog1

First Post
I was remiss, considering my excellent review of Modern20. In particular, Reputation and Wealth are spiffy. Ad the classes are very nicely designed.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
1.) A Game of Thrones d20
2.) Mutants and Masterminds
3.) Arcana Evolved
4.) Iron Heroes

AGoT gave me some fodder for interesting rules variations that worked and worked well. M&M showed me interesting new mechanical issues. I'm currently experimenting with a system thta would use a mechanic very similar to their damage save. Arcana Evolved damned interesting and swiped some ideas here as well. IH showed that with the proper alterations to math you could dump most of the standard +X magic item necessities and still maintain the same power curve.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mutants & Masterminds is the best variant of D20 I've found...though I also have much respect for Spycraft, Second World, AU/AE, and Midnight.

GlassJaw

Hero
I want to revise my list after seeing all the responses. :p

To play (and borrow from):

1. Grim Tales
2. Conan
3. Iron Heroes

To borrow from:
1. True 20
2. Spycraft 2.0
3. Arcana Evolved

Honorable Mention: Mutants & Masterminds - I really like the system but haven't really had a chance to play or immerse myself in it for any length of time.

Monte Cooks World of Darkness might be a bit too specific, but it still contains a few interesting concepts. (spell system, the concept of character focuses instead of classes or occupations)

buzz

Adventurer
I voted "Other," as I prefer Spycraft 2.0, Iron Heroes, Arcana Evolved, and M&M to anything else on the list, save for d20 Modern.

Remove ads