Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethranor]Ethranor's second attempt is far more profitable. Someone he speaks with mentions the Butler he had thought of last night, said person reaffirms the idea that he does tend to drink his nights away at the Winged Wench, but doesn't know where he works during the day. However, an old beggar man who has profited from Ethranor's generous employment tell him that he has often seen the man leaving Varsus' Dyers in the evening. The cloth dying business owned by Varsus Limme, and operated by slave labor. It is the sort of business that is frowned on in the High Ward where there are at least a few pretenses towards treating slaves decently. Only here in the low ward can a business like this truly thrive. Just don't buy anything red made there.

He also hear's mention of a gardener and a chambermaid who were fired at around the same time. The gardener moved out of the city to work on one of the outlying farms. No one you spoke to is really sure what happened to the chambermaid. Some have ideas though that she was either murdered or was abducted for the slave trade. Even if you've little chance of finding her though, dead women tell no tales, so the latter option is certainly preferable.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ethan] Yes, there's an actual gate and a secondary wall around the base of the high ward. It's a secondary defense if the outer wall fails, and it keeps the poor from mingling with the rich and making them uncomfortable.

remember that your 75 gp noble's outfit does not include the jewelry or the signet ring that would really make you pass for a noble. If you still want to try it with only the clothes then you can try, just tell me.

Ethan nears the gate to the high ward and sees a bored looking plain young woman in a guard's uniform (Though with the chainmail hauberk you can only really tell her sex from here because it looks a bit too small, and she's not wearing her helmet) speaking to a man who looks like a middle class merchant. There's also a large wagon filled with wooden crates in the middle of the road that looks like it belongs to him. He can't hear the conversation from here but can guess that the guard is talking to the merchant about the wagon he's bringing in. The merchant looks a bit annoyed as he waves his papers about emphatically.[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock]
So, if there is still time in the afternoon, Ethranor is going to rent a horse and go out of the city searching for the gardener. He is going to either convince, bluff or bribe him into revealing something useful for infiltrating the manor, or just plain information.

The same evening he is going to go the the Winged Wench, wait for the butler, and offer him some drink until he gets moderately drunk. Then he is going to make him flare his anger about the merchant, and then slip the suggestion that there are some people who would get a revenge upon him...if they had some useful informations to work on.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock]

Ethan takes note of the papers, trying to catch as much detail as he can from them. He tries to stay out of sight as he approaches the merchant and wagon.

ooc: If he thinks he is noticed he will walk straight up to the merchant and guard. If he is not noticed, then the will try to either A) hide inside the wagon or B) cling to the bottom of it. Either way, my chances of going to jail are increasing!! :p

[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply guys, I'm having a hell of a time thinking up updates, and the lack of email updates to remind me about the game doesn't help.

I haven't completely forgotten this.

[sblock=Ethan] Are you going to try to be sneaky or just inconspicuous? You need to get close enough to read the papers if you wish to read them. At most five feet away unless you have a telescope or something.

Did you decide what Ethan is going to be wearing?[/sblock]

[sblock=Nightbreeze]Sorry but I'm going to have to wait until I get a good long time to think about what to write for you. Do you want to look for any more info on this gardener before you go off looking for him? Like where he lives or what his name is?[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=OOC]well, I'll try to find up his name, and where approximatively he lives. Than I'll head out to that zone and ask the other farmers about him[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock]

Right now he is dressed normally. He's trying to sneak into the wagon (if there is an appropriate place to hide) or even under the wagon if he can hold onto something. If they spot him, he's just going to play it cool. Probably ask for directions or try to sweet-talk his way in.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Damn, for some reason I keep forgetting this game. Arg, ok, I've got nothing to do today so I guess I'll try to put something up now.

[sblock=Ethranor]Ethranor asks around some more and finally comes up with a name and a location. The man's name is Marshal Sewart. Unfortunately he lives and works on a farm about a day's travel south of the city. [/sblock]

[sblock=Ethan] If you're trying to be sneaky, please roll hide and move silently checks.[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You keep forgetting your only DM-game ? [/sblock]

[sblock] Ok than, this evening I will proceed with the drunkard plan, this night I will explain the gardener affair to the other two and tommorow I will head out. [/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethan]Ethan sneaks up to the wagon and can immediately see that hanging from would be very difficult it's flat, nothing there but the axles for the wheels. It, is about two feet off the ground. The could crates conceal him him well. Each is about three feet in all directions and their are ropes tied over the tops of them to keep them from moving about while in transit. They all seem packed together tightly, two high, three across the width of the wagon, and four along it's length.

As he gets close he can hear the conversation between the guard and the merchant. "...orry. I know you have your papers, but I'm not allowed to let non-residents in yet. If you'll wait just half an hour-"

The merchant cuts her off sharply. "Look, wench! Do you know who I am!? I-"

"YES! I know who ye are. You've shown me your damned papers already, and like I've said five times already I can't let you in ye-" She suddenly stops and falls silent. Then after a second says. "Oi, what was that? What have ye really got in there?"[/sblock]

[sblock=Ethranor]Ok, it's only about noon though. Are you sure you don't want to do anything else before evening? Ethan is still in the morning.[/sblock]

Remove ads