Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethranor] Now that you think about it, you think you remember hearing something about a noble or a merchant firing all of his servants. If you remember it right, he fired them all after he'd received a number of slaves as a wedding present. You actually think you may have heard his butler at the Winged Wench one night, ranting about it. Actually, you're fairly sure that you saw him there tonight as well, so it's a safe bet that he'd be there tomorrow night.

No, you're quite certain it was a merchant, and that it was a fairly high profile wedding with a large number of important people in attendance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ethan] OOC:I guess it would make sense for me to roll knowledge checks.

Ethan thinks it over for a while and can think of a few parties within the time period that might be worth checking out. In four days, a duke's daughter is supposed to wed. At the end of this week is a big one. The Royal Autumn Ball. Usually only nobles are invited, but who knows? If you could somehow get past the royal guard you might find out something interesting. Then there's the quarterly meeting of the merchant's guild, which is to be held at the end of next week.

You also remember hearing about a party in the low ward being hosted by "Honest" Ben Iago one of the few well to do people living here, and an underworld figure of some repute. Apparently he's opening some sort of new business venture in the area, this kind of party is bound to bring in fans of any sort of vice. That is said to be happening three days from now if memory serves.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Having thought about the local events taking place, Ethan turns to Braxis "Most of the events I know of are not for a few days, perhaps I can spend the time trailing with you. I believe I shall stick to the rooftops if you will stay on the ground."

ooc: Since the closest party is 3 days away, I figure I probably should use the time somehow. If neither Dire or TRD mind that is.

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: You may as well, though there are of course a few parties you don't know anything about that people you know might and a few parties you do know about that you don't think the target would have any reason to attend. Also, please try not to mention things only your character knows OOC before mentioning them IC.

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm making a knowledge(local) check right now, and on the next few days I'll be making gather information checks, speaking with people around, like thieves, informants, former servants and so on. I'm especially interested on former (and angry) servants, and wether he is currently searching for new ones. As these should be secret rolls, you should do them: KN(local): +10, Gather information +11, Knowledge(Nobility and royalty) +8

Hmm...a merchant firing all his servants. Could it be that he is the one? Certainly our client said that he had a lot of slaves. I'm going to check it out and see if I find any of them.

I'll try to find as many of his former servant as I can. I'd like to see if I can get them drunk or bribe them enough to make them give some precious (and maybe secret) information about the house or the habits of him. Even if they don't have anything precious, I'd like to know as much as possible about him and the house [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
You all retire for the night. The next morning, Ethranor sets out in search of more information on former servants of their target. After three hours, however, he has had no luck. It is still early however and there are many options left.

(OOC: Translation. Bad roll. Sorry for taking so long for so little. I was trying to come up with some info to give you, never considering that you might end up learning nothing... :heh: You can roll again if you'd like. Or try a different approach.)

TRD

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Just letting you know I am here and still watching the thread - did not want you think I had done a runner[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor is going to continue with his research: afterall, it's a big city, and it is difficult to find a bunch of people who used to work for a specific person some time ago. He is also going to contact his net of contacts and ask them to give him everything they know on that merchant.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Ethan sits on the rooftop, adjacent to the "marks" house. He takes mental note of everyone that enters and exits the home, even going to far as to try to memorize the patrol stations and routes.

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethan]Ethan is going to need to get into the high ward first (The gate is regulated to keep out undesirables). He's then going to have to find the house, climb it's neighbor, and wait for a long time all without arousing the ire of the city guards, which have a much stronger presence in the high ward.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ethranor] I'll post something for you later today when I have a bit more time to think, sorry for not checking the site earlier.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

Is it like an actual gate? If so, I'd like him to change into a noble's outfit. I could imagine that they would need papers too, but will wait to see what all I actually know lol. Feel free to make a knowledge check, disguise, etc just to keep the game flowing. [/sblock]

Remove ads