Assassin City

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Good to see you. What exactly are you confused about though?

[sblock=Ethan]Ethan hears footsteps coming around the back of the wagon.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=OtS]The crates are strapped down to the wagon in the order described in the above post. In order to get into a crate you'd have to open one, but like most packing crates they're nailed shut. I suppose you could try lying between the crates and the side of the wagon but if they shifted you'd be crushed. Overall it's not the greatest hiding place. You could wait a awhile to see if a better opportunity comes along, or you could go for this one and hope for the best.[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock]Ethranor abruptly stops, and looks around to make sure that no one is nearby. Then he carefully paces towards the girl and examines her briefly. Unless she is the girl that he saved yesterday, he is just going to use briefly his hat, change into a fat merchant and give some boy a silver penny to call the guards. If she is the girl that he saved yesterday, he will examine her carefully for anything suspicious, and the advise the owner of the the Winged Wench: he won't be very pleased and will probably try to smuggle the body away from his tavern before it could be found.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethranor]Approaching more closely Ethranor realizes that the girl is in fact Diana from the night before.

He reaches out and carefully touches her, and surprisingly feels warmth, and breathing, though the breathing is light and uneven. She has a nasty bruise above her left eye, and a few small scrapes and bruises but he cannot see anything else physically wrong with her.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock] Ethan looks around and is upset that he can't seem to find a place to hide. He decides to take the more direct approach, and simply walks up to the wagon master and the guard. "G'day to you! I couldn't help but overhear the small ordeal that is going on. Perhaps I can assist in some small way?"[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock]Muttering low-voiced and incoherent swears, Ethranor quickly takes of his mantle and covers the naked girl. Then he quickly evaluates the situation: if there is some backdoor that allows him to enter the Winged Wench directly from this back alley, he will use it. While covering the girl and hiding her face, he will buy the silence of the owner with an appropriate amount of gold and then will rent a room. He is then going to call a healer and wait for the lady to wake up.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethranor]Ethranor wraps the cloak around the girl and carries her to a back door of the Wench, somehow managing to knock loudly without dropping her. She moans softy.

A few moments later a muffled male voice from inside shouts out. "We're not open till four! Go get a job!" After his continued insistence though there are footsteps and finally the door swings open, revealing the proprietor of the Winged Wench holding a club. "#%^$!! What the hell do you want you sick freak!?" He yells, at the sight of the wrapped body. "I don' know what you've been hearin' but I don' help folk dispose o' mistakes like this. Get the hell out o' here 'fore I make you." Ethranor quickly explains that the girl is not dead and that her state is not his fault, and though the man still seems suspicious, he also seems to calm down somewhat and quickly ushers him inside, letting him take a room upstairs and insisting that he worry about payment later. In fact he offers to call a healer himself, though he waits for Ethranor's approval before doing so. Ethranor waits near the girl for while, and after several minutes she begins to stir and her eyes open weakly, then go wide with shock and fear as she realizes that she does not know where she is, and that she is naked and in pain. It looks like she's probably going to start screaming panickedly any second.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ethan] The guard, who was about to walk to Ethan's side of the wagon, is startled and nearly draws her sword on him at his sudden appearance. She eyes him suspiciously, but does not say anything about it before the merchant, a balding middle aged man, turns and yells at him. "Oh great, another plebian! Who the hell are you and what makes you think I could use your assistance?" [/sblock]

Remove ads