Tempest Fugit

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I'll wait to see if people prefer the Survival check or not. You can also try to create a temporary shelter if you slow your speed to 0, and that would give a bigger bonus. Once I know what speed you are progressing, I'll roll the sandstorm)

Nurlan still favours going through as quickly as possible, at ground level. At least for now.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group makes some progress on the ground at the edge of the storm, but as the winds grow and begin to howl and the san picks up, the phantasmal mounts prove unable to make much progress, checked by the strength of the wind. Meanwhile, the group (and the mounts) take minor damage from exposure to the biting sand. It's too much--the group is forced to dig in and set up tents or something similar to protect themselves from the sand.*

(OOC: Does the group have tents or material of some sort to set up something to shelter them from the direct sand?)

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Does the group have tents or material of some sort to set up something to shelter them from the direct sand?)

Nurlan has a tent.

"I guess we'll have to stop until this blows over. I'll set up my tent -- I figure we can all fit inside, as long as we don't need to sleep. If the storm continues and we want sleep, we'll need more tents -- anybody else have one?"

Patlin

Explorer
Tor has a bedroll and winter blanket that he can contribute as raw materials, either as part of a jury rigged structure of with which to reinforce Nurlan's tent. He and Gur will do the 'survival' thing. Tor will take 10, if allowed.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There's a lot of duration left on those mounts. They are likely to outlast the sandstorm by a significant amount if you can prevent them from taking too much damage and fizzling--the trouble is, they're size Large, so one tent won't be enough, even with Tor's additions, to hold five size Large and five size Medium creatures (I think it's five now that we're retconning out Juliana?). Anyone else have material to contribute?)

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin is woefully unerequiped for desert travel (you'd think i should have learned when Findoram did just the same...). He only has a bedroll to add (which should stop the sand quite effectively).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases