Tempest Fugit

orsal

LEW Judge
During the sandstorm...

Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I hadn't thought of that, but you're right--it doesn't say that the summoned mounts from Mount vanish when they lose all their HP)

*Tor conjures some mounts to block the Phantom Steeds from the sand. Shortly, after those mounts are slain, he has Gur skin them and use their remains to enhance the tent, thus managing to keep all of the Phantom Steeds protected, barely. It is a tight squeeze, and everyone is going to be aching in the morning from all this contortion, but they make it, and finally, the storm blows through and is over.*

Nurlan is impressed, seeing that the brave warrior he knew from the days of the Monemvassian goblin infestation has far more talents than his spiked chain prowess hinted at. "Quite a trick. When did you learn that?"

Later, upon arrival...

"Now we get to the hard part. Where do we look? Any suggestions?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: General strategy--mundane and magical means of investigation used. The area where this could be located is wide, and presumably the cultists may have searched this area before, so it can't be too easy to find. One tactic for example--4th-level Rangers can speak with animals)

Patlin

Explorer
orsal said:
During the sandstorm...

Nurlan is impressed, seeing that the brave warrior he knew from the days of the Monemvassian goblin infestation has far more talents than his spiked chain prowess hinted at. "Quite a trick. When did you learn that?"

"I've been studying the arcane since before I started adventuring, but more as an academic matter than a true vocation. There's some magic in my blood, though, and I had something of a breakthrough recently. I doubt I'll ever master more than a few tricks, but that one sure helped."

(OOC: General strategy--mundane and magical means of investigation used. The area where this could be located is wide, and presumably the cultists may have searched this area before, so it can't be too easy to find. One tactic for example--4th-level Rangers can speak with animals)

Tor suggests that finding the cultists might be a step toward finding the shard. He has little to offer in terms of divination.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm....Okay. Would you like to search about and use Survival to try to find an oasis or a settlement as best you can? I'm afraid on this adventure, there isn't an NPC around who can chime in, so it's all up to the players to generate ideas. That also gives you guys a lot of freedom, though.)

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan

"Find the cultists... Sure. I imagine if we could find a sign of civilization, we could try discreet inquiries. Any idea where there might be civilization? Should we just continue walking and keep an eye out for intelligent life?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group decides to take Nurlan's suggestion, adding to it some survival tips Gur remembers, including looking for signs of nearby oases. After some days of journeying, Gur is able to lead the group to an oasis, which, you can see from the distance, is currently occupied by a small caravan of desert nomads.*

Dungannon

First Post
Feeling a little more comfortable now that there are other people to interact with, Devlin takes the lead in approaching the nomads.

"Hail and well met, fellow travellers! Any news of the land beyond?"

Remove ads