Tempest Fugit

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: So two bedrolls, a blanket, and a tent. Does anyone have a McGuyver-like description of how to combine those to fit in that many size-Large mounts with a Survival check? If not, would you prefer to just leave the mounts out in the sand?)

Patlin

Explorer
We all cluster together, like a her of horses waiting out a storm, placing the magical mounts on the inside to give them greatest protection and using the available resources to create a windblock against the most direct part of the storm.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, the tent could probably hold six people normally. I'm going to let the Survival check provide a shelter for an additional number of people as per the usual rules for feeding or sheltering others (10 does 1 person, +1 more person for each 2 more). So you get 9 from that excellent Survival check. 9 + 6 = 15 - 6 people = 9. And a Large creature takes up four times as much space, so that gets you two horses. You can probably have everyone get on the horse to save ground space or have some of the horses use their flying power to float slightly above the ground while people lie beneath them. That would allow 4 of the 6 horses. I'm not allowed to use common-sense spacing for horses and I have to use the stupid 3.5 square horses in LEW, I think, right? In that case, two of the mounts will be destroyed. Someone can probably carry Talbin as luggage if his mount dies, but losing one more would be crippling. Anyone else have another idea other than those mentioned by Patlin or me?)

Patlin

Explorer
Defend the phantom steeds by giving them as much shelter as possible. Tor will also summon a few mounts to provide the phantoms with additional shelter.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I hadn't thought of that, but you're right--it doesn't say that the summoned mounts from Mount vanish when they lose all their HP)

*Tor conjures some mounts to block the Phantom Steeds from the sand. Shortly, after those mounts are slain, he has Gur skin them and use their remains to enhance the tent, thus managing to keep all of the Phantom Steeds protected, barely. It is a tight squeeze, and everyone is going to be aching in the morning from all this contortion, but they make it, and finally, the storm blows through and is over.*

Patlin

Explorer
Indicating the dead horses, Tor comments again on sandstorms being potentially lethal.

"Let's get out of here while we can. I know we're all sore, but I don't fancy a trek across this dessert on foot. I'd like a lot of miles behind us when the duration expires."

(We leave, journeying onward.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*They continue onward, having lost some time, but not too much, to the sandstorm. Saving all the steeds was pretty crucial, and having done so, they manage to reach the general region they are seeking before the duration expires, entering the eastern region of the Gryphon's Claw, at least according to Gur's best estimates. They are now left with a vast sandy stretch of desert before them and some major exploring and investigation ahead, a la Indiana Jones or Howard Carter.*

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: What sort of input are you looking for from us in this part of the narative? I can't think of anything to say to that other than "We get to it."

Remove ads