Undine the Sea

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oops, I thought dolphins breathed air, though summoning it in water if possible is much better," Alicia admits, "Reading thoughts is a good idea, but I'm worried--can't they feel someone poking in their head? That could make them quite hostile if they think it's a mental assault."

[SBLOCK=Know Arcana DC 10]It seems very likely that they could, especially if they resist the spell.

[SBLOCK=Know Arc DC 15]They definitely can feel the spell's presence messing with their mind, but only if they successfully save against it on the third round of concentration.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
"I don't think we should be casting any magic at this point. She could very reasonably sense it and think the worst. We've been very good about trying to show that we're trustworthy by not attacking or trying to escape, let's not stop that now."

ooc: My diplomacy is a +3, is anybody else better at it, or should I try doing the talking again?

Kn(Arc) 1d20+8=13

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I guess I'll allow a single aid another. More than that and you wind up diluting the message with too many people talking and it just gets confusing or intimidating. It's not just rolling though, of course--I combined a roll with Babette's previous tact, for instance.)

*After some time, giving Ximix enough time to cast Detect Thoughts if he chooses, the young priestess known as Rachel returns.*

"So I heard that you are ready to apologise? I am impressed that none of you tried to escape last night."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Aye, apologies this ol' dwarf, me drank too much ale last night, don't know wha' Ah' was sayin'." Krindorf says, gazing the floor nest to his foots.

Heckler

First Post
"Good morning to you. We were quite surprised by your actions upon our arrival yesterday, and we were understandably upset and some of us said some rash and hurtful things, and for that we sincerely apologize.

However, maintain that we are not evil, and our mission is of the noblest intentions. With cooler heads prevailing, we hope to better explain ourselves and hope that you will give serious consideration to our words

I must admit to a deception, although it is not what you have claimed. Knowledge of our true mission can be dangerous and we had hoped to keep you and your people ignorant of it for your own safety. We have decided to tell you some of our mission, hopefully it will be enough to earn your trust without placing you in danger.

A couple of weeks ago, the powerful wizard Rayne Liore called a meeting of several nations. I should not mention what specifically was discussed, but the threat of a great evil which would result in the deaths and suffering of uncountable souls is coming. Rayne Loire offered a solution which all those present vowed to undertake, with the sole exception of the delegation from Rivenblight. Several teams of adventurers were formed and sent out on various missions. We are one of those teams, and our goal lies in Amalthea.

As I mentioned, the delegation from Rivenblight has decided to ignore Rayne Loire's warnings. The Rivenblight delegation was led by Sage Aliaster Thiliaerin. We can all attest, as we were all there, the Sage's objection to Rayne Loire's visions were not based in fact, but on the sole issue of Rayne Loire's heritage. If you are not aware, Rayne Loire is of mixed heritage, and is what is commonly referred to as a "half-elf." It seems the Sage holds a particular hatred for half-elves, and dismissed Rayne Loire's warnings as the silly ramblings of a "half-blood." So deep is his hatred, not only has he decided to not participate in the various quests, he has vowed to actively oppose us.

I posit that that is what is happening here and now. His people arrived here before us and have slandered us, tricking you into opposing us. I don't believe that he is an evil man, only that he has allowed his bigotry and ego to cloud the judgement of what I am sure is normally a good and brilliant man.

I know we ask much, for you to trust a group of strangers over a friend and ally, and we can offer only what little proof we can, but we hope you will give it serious and fair consideration.

We have no poison, and no knowledge of these places you have mentioned.

We are willing to submit to truth-magics. I know your concerns regarding this, but bear in mind it is easy enough for you to ensure that we have no magical items upon us, and that we are not ensorcelled ourselves.

If we had the means to fool truth-magics, why are we even here? If I were that skilled in the arts, I would have the necessary skills to divine the location of these places myself, and I could get us there under my own power. We are here because we need your help. We do not knwo where Amalthea is, or how to get there. Also, if our plans were as evil as you claim, wouldn't we wish to travel there without your knowledge? The fact that we have come to you is proof that we are not what you have been led to believe.

We have had opportunities to attack you or attempt an escape. We have not done these things because we are, firstly, good people, and secondly, in need of your help.

As I stated earlier, my name is Babette Delacroix. I was raised on a small farm outside of Orussus. I recently helped to break up a thieve's guild led by a wererat in the city of Ravensdale. If you are able, you can contact Simone LeCroix at the Merchant's Advisory Council, she should vouch for my character.*

That is all I can think of, am I forgetting anything?,"
Babette asks the rest of the group.

*ooc: Referencing "Rats in a Maze."

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo looks at Babette half-surprised then nods in satisfaction and to assert her speech further.

that girl knows how to talk!.. good! he thinks

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm. I still don't believe you...You would need our help to travel to Amalthea because the cost of such travel otherwise is essentially prohibitive. And the Misdirection magics that prevent successful divinations would also hide the magics themselves. And none of that can explain the High Priestess's visions. But..."

"I suppose it is possible that what you say is true. Very unlikely, but possible. I don't think that I am in a position to be able to determine that..."

*She pauses for a moment to think.*

"I'm going to ask for permission to send one of you to make your case to Lysianassa, an ancient priestess who lives alone near a sacred pool in the jungles of this island. She is very wise, and she should be able to discern the truth. To be safe, it must be someone who is not a spellcaster. Would you rather send Jallembo, Krindorf, or the fellow whose name and description we did not receive but does not appear to be a spellcaster?" at that last, she indicates Corvinus.

Remove ads