Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

jaker2003

Explorer
Bison said:
But what happens if we perish on our return, from some wholly unrelated threat. What will become of the shard then? if none of our comrads know the route we were to return by, then the shard may become impossible to recover.
Jace's jaw drops, Of Course! We'd just assumed we would succeed! We must guarantee that the shard is in safe hands. Great Master Frump, do you have a spell in your repertoire that would allow you to communicate with Rayne during our mission? If we miss a scheduled check-in, Rayne can attempt to contact or scry on us. Once she has scryed our location, she could teleport in and retrieve the shard if we are unable to return with it!

ethandrul

First Post
Bison said:
But what happens if we perish on our return, from some wholly unrelated threat. What will become of the shard then? if none of our comrads know the route we were to return by, then the shard may become impossible to recover.

Well spoken Droogle, perhaps we could find a way to quickly get the shard back- as opposed to having someone come get it. If she could get the shard - why not come get us? Perhaps a magic that would allow Rayne or Frumph to teleport the item when word gets to back that we have it? or once again i go to a hewards handy haversack- we could put it into the bag then if disaster strikes- tear the bag so the shard is lost to all.Though perhaps there is a magic that could accomplish the same for far less money?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"There is no such magic, I'm afraid. We'll have to count on you to make it back in one piece. That's why we've called for brave heroes for this task. Since the monastery is friendly, if we had a way to send you there in one day and then teleport it back immediately, we could just send a random commoner to do this task and use your talents elsewhere."

ethandrul

First Post
Hasin dwarf ranger

That is too bad.BUT I guess when life gives you lemons pour their juice into the wounds of your enemies! We will make the best of this situation and prey we can keep the world firmly in the grasp of the living.

ooc- i still can't find a world map.

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace sums up: So, Rayne will teleport us to within a week's travel from our destination. Then we arrive at the monestary, convince the monks to release the shard into our care, and turn around to return the shard in Great Master Frump's care to where?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The combination of Teleport and Phantom Steed will get you to within a week. If you don't dawdle and you're willing to keep going even after your body urges you to go to sleep, I think you will make it all the way to the monastery on the steeds even."

"If you return to the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus, I am sure they can get word to me," Frump conjectures, "And that's closer for you than Monemvassia. Then I can get it to a safe spot in Monemvassia so that you don't have to worry about carrying such a dangerous prize any longer."

jaker2003

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"If you return to the Red Dragon Inn in Orussus, I am sure they can get word to me," Frump conjectures, "And that's closer for you than Monemvassia. Then I can get it to a safe spot in Monemvassia so that you don't have to worry about carrying such a dangerous prize any longer."
OOC: I thought the representatives (like Frump) accompanied us the whole way? If not, that's great, I can stop with the 'great master full of himself'.
Pushing ourselves to the limits? Sounds like Con checks to me. Maybe I should have taken Endurance . . . all well, I have a Con bonus, I'm still game.
Jace's gear weighs in at 90.5 lbs, so I think I'm good for the Phantom Steed, that's how Jace got here anyway.

jaker2003

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Frump is sending Gloria to do that instead of going himself)
OOC: All we've seen her do is exhaust herself trying to humor Frump. I think he said she was his apprentice or something, she'll probably use a mount spell for herself when we have to hoof it.
New question: can we expect to reach second level (those of us still at first, anyway) during this game?

Hasin, are your ranks in Survival sufficient to keep us going in the right direction on the return trip?

Remove ads