Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Last time I had a level 1 character join my adventure, he leveled to 2 within three days. Of course, that was a fluke, but I would be astonished if you level 1 guys didn't level to 3 or even 4. LEW rules force me to give you standard DMG XP for encounters, and standard DMG XP is berserkly too high ;))

jaker2003

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Last time I had a level 1 character join my adventure, he leveled to 2 within three days. Of course, that was a fluke, but I would be astonished if you level 1 guys didn't level to 3 or even 4. LEW rules force me to give you standard DMG XP for encounters, and standard DMG XP is berserkly too high ;))
Maybe you could throw an army of monkeys at us, I imagine we wouldn't get much XP from them. How much does a 1/6 CR pay out in XP anyway?

I think i might be getting off topic, um . . . anybody else have something to say before we commit to this trip?

Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: And I thought I was the only one who hated the XP tables... I so give out less than that in XP for my RL game, just cause if you do the math, it doesn't follow their "13 encounters per level" unless you always throw things at them that are too easy all the time....

Maybe this should be a proposal to change the XP tables slightly?

Anywho, I'm out of questions, and am up to the "ride yourself to exhaustion" stage :D

Bison

First Post
OOC well Droggle's gear weighs just over 112 lbs, so he is going to leave his longspear and all but one of his torches here, to bring him just under weight for this trip.

do i need to edit my character sheet to reflect this? or is stating this here in this thread good enough?

jaker2003

Explorer
Bison said:
OOC well Droggle's gear weighs just over 112 lbs, so he is going to leave his longspear and all but one of his torches here, to bring him just under weight for this trip.
do i need to edit my character sheet to reflect this? or is stating this here in this thread good enough?
OOC: Hold up, don't handicap yourself. Just have your character ask if anyone has room for some of your gear. Like I said, Jace could carry 9.5 lbs more before reaching the 100 lb limit on the steed. How much room do others have?

Bison

First Post
OOC ok, well that sounds good to me. with 50 pounds of armor, and multiple weapons, weight adds up quickly, and dwarves don't tend to worry about weight limits as much as other races :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: @Droggle's weight--Rayne did say 'about 100 pounds'. Her steeds can hold 112 pounds of gear without a problem.

@thegreyman--Nah. I agree with you totally on the charts, but PbP is just so slow anyway that it often cancels out. It just means that things come in massive spurts (like in my Crux adventure, where everyone suddenly gained almost an entire level for one encounter and then gained very little for months of gameplay that had no encounter). Still, though, somehow the PCs I GM usually turn out to be the highest leveled folks in LEW--Patlin is the only contender with me in that category )

jaker2003

Explorer
OOC: Review:
1. Frump splits off, we get Gloria
2. Rayne teleports us a great distance and sends us off on phantom steeds
3. We ride the steeds as long as we can, placing us within a week's travel from the monestary.
4. Spokesman convinces monks to release shard to us (there may be some tests). Maybe the most charismatic character should speak, Jace has a +1 Cha bonus and 1 rank of Diplomacy, it very well may not be him.
5. Safeguard shard on long return trip, seeking faster transportation and avoiding suscpicion along the way.
6. Arrive in Orussus. Joe can presumably contact Frump, who'll swoop in to collect the shard and all the credit (not that we were gettign paid).
7. Cheer when the shards are collected and destroyed.
Ok, if that's not right, someone correct me.
we'll each need a bedroll and rations. The dwarves have darkvision and the elf can see in the starlight, so they don't need light. Are all 3 clerics human?
I've got flint and steel if we need a campfire, though we'll need to find fuel for that fire. It looks like none of us can cast alarm, so we'll probably have guard duty. We may be leaning heavily on our ranger's ability to srcounge food, so we need rations to make up any difference. Jace has rations for 2 days.
The clerics need to converse every night to orchestrate who prepares what for the party.
Anyone have anything to add?

ethandrul

First Post
Hasin dwarf ranger

Yeah, I got somethin' to add! All this chatting has given the cultists a head start- and i still think that we should have a cover story in case something should happens to our steeds- it is always a good idea to have a plan "b" so i suggest an idea of religious pilgrims, a guide and a petitioner. We lose the steeds near a town and pick up a caravan headed as close as possible
to our destination. We offer our services- with pay in supplies. All of us would be welcome in a merchant band, we have skills in fighting and healing both of which are hard to come by.

Remove ads