The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken squats down on his haunches on front of the man, but he hangs on to the spear.

"Maybe you know me," he says. "Maybe you know my village around the shore. They call me Kraken there. And if you know me or my village, you know we ain't allied to the deadfellas in the Big Green. These people," he gestures with his free hand to the rest of the group, "were sent by the Storm Spirits to help us fight the deadfellas. We're all on the same side here."

He stands and holds out his hand to help the man up.

[sblock=OOC]
Diplomacy 1d20+1=9
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper just watches the others plying the prisoner, satisfied for now with their approach.

(OOC - Nothing to add right now, just making sure y'all know I'm still here. :))

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man stares at Kraken's hand dubiously for a moment before taking hold of it and pulling himself back up on his feet. "I hear your name once from our shaman, he say you are Kraken Driftwood as you came from the sea. Long time we have good trade with your people." He looks around at the rest of the group taking not of your varied garb and appearance. "You come to stop the dead ones? Whose bones are stone and teeth are diamonds? No one goes to the slopes and comes back. Three fine hunters go out and none come back, we all hear the dead howling. Now we must fish and hunt the shores as none go to the green."

You notice that many of the sailors and mercs at the camp have stopped working to watch your group talk to the native. They all seem curious as to what is going on since the camp is just out of earshot.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken hands the spear back to the man.

"Driftwood, yeah, that's me," he says with a chuckle. "My tribe's lost a few good men too, eh? These deadfellas, they're not just walking dead, they're wulgaru*. Bad magic involved, and these folks from the sea," he gestures to his companions, "they're right clever people, they know a bit of magic of their own, eh? We've been all the way into the Big Green to the camp of the deadfellas, and lived to tell the tale though we fought a few of them on the way in and back. Now we're going to go back and finish the job."

*Local word for a terrible devil spirit.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man accepts the fishing spear and says, "The shaman say they are dark spirits. Calling one to the world is evil. They are cursed men. May the depths hunger for their lives. May you be strong. I ask the shaman to make many sacrifice to the sea for your victory. I not warrior, I pull fish from the sea, but help in small way if can."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive just stands there and thinks about things that escape hell...

Shayuri

First Post
"Tell us about the signal fires you saw," Whisper says at his offer of help. "How many? Did you see any features we could use to recognize the men who lit them?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"The fire they make is how we know ship landed. Far down shore, away from ship, early in day as sun rises. Young boys catching reefclaw crabs see them. They come back to village and tell us. Two men who wear leather and carry steel blades. Dark of hair and beard. I am sent and follow tracks along shore and see camp. I return, tell village, come back to watch. See some who could be fire starters, but many here and on ship. Many are dark haired, wear leather, and carry blades."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"The fire they make is how we know ship landed. Far down shore, away from ship, early in day as sun rises. Young boys catching reefclaw crabs see them. They come back to village and tell us. Two men who wear leather and carry steel blades. Dark of hair and beard. I am sent and follow tracks along shore and see camp. I return, tell village, come back to watch. See some who could be fire starters, but many here and on ship. Many are dark haired, wear leather, and carry blades."

The druid sighs. "Right enough. I don't suppose there's any way of getting one of those boys here to either give us more details or point out the culprits?"

Remove ads