Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hey gang, I was waiting on SirCaith to post, but it looks like the boards are going down for a few days. I'll get the next post up as soon as they are working again. Let's hope it doesn't take too long. I'm backing up all my threads, is suggest all my fellow DM's do the same. Just go to 'thread tools' and choose 'download this thread'.

mleibrock

First Post
back on-line

Hi all - Looks like it is up and going again! I had to search for the links, they may be added more later. But we can continue.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh for the GM

[sblock=For Scotley]H'Roosh should be in H10, leaving him in position to attack the 'Former Rider.'[/sblock]

H'Roosh again attacks with fist and feet, but his flurry of blows is only partly effective against the huge Barghest and he lands only one right hook.

[sblock=Combat Rolls]To Hit: 1d20+12=22

Damage: 2d6+4=15[/sblock]

[sblock=For Scotley]Scott - I didn't realize Mingo was down before I stated my action - can I revise? If so, I'll edit my previous post to reflect H'Roosh's new actions.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh

[sblock=Scotley]Well, then, never mind! :) H'Roosh would likely aid Mingo if he noticed, but we'll just say he didn't see the little gal go down.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Round 5

Finn 23
H'Roosh 23
Mig 16
Mingo 15 Down
Gnurl 13
Radoon 12
Geoffrey 11
Scribe 10 Down
Anson 7
Barghests 6
Balmal 4

Finn continues to manuver, the bust strikes the big Goblinoid once more.

H'Roosh again attacks with fist and feet, but his flurry of blows is only partly effective against the huge Barghest and he lands only one right hook.

Mig tenses as she hears Mingo's cry and looks up at Anson for instructions.

Still Invisible (Grtr), Gnurl exits the caracass to the north, moves to I,3 by Anson, and firest his Wand of Magic Missile, CL9, at the Former Rider.

Radoon again lashes out with a deluge of daggers and though one seems to hit their target, none seem to affect the rider.

Geffrey will continue to engage the big bad and swings twice with his mace connection once for 13 points of damage.

Anson hesitates, knowing that he is almost spent from the battle himself. Anson knows that Mingo kept attacking when his back was against the wall, so he tells Mig, "Let's go!" and moves counterclockwise around the room to aid Mingo.

Anson is horrified as the lesser Barghest opens its jaws and eats Mingo's little body in one glup. The creature seems to grow larger and more powerful as a result of its grisly meal.

This is the last sight Anson will ever see as the Goblinoid's great blade flashes again taking off his head. The blade continues on to strike H'Roosh (19) and Geoffrey (21). The big Goblinoid looks very badly wounded, yet remains in the fight. Mig howls in anguish.

Round 6 actions?

Attachments

• Balmals_studyr4.xls
    38 KB · Views: 57

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp33/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtrMagArm,SeeInvis,GtrInvis

OOC: Am I correct in thinking that it was the "wolf" who ate Mingo? If that is correct, then that is Gnurl's target. If not, then whichever one did slay Mingo is his target.

"You illegitimate spawn of a hairlipped Goblin! That was my friend you just ate! Don't forget your desert!" As soon as he says this, Gnurl opens fire with his Wand of Magic Missile, CL9, and as soon as he fires the wand, Gnurl tightly shuts his mouth and gets on the move instantly, so that his positon will not be given away, thus making sure that his Greater Invisibility is not compromised. He moves to F4 and cowers behind a different dead Barghest.

Caster level check for wand: 14
Damage, 5d4+5: 19

Link to rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1645498/

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh

H'Roosh steps into his next flurry against the huge sword wielder, but his horror at the sudden death of the tiny priestess and her bodyguard disturbes his focus yet again (he really doesn't appear to be very well focused at all for a Monk who's supposedly very good at combat, does he?) and he misses all three of his attacks.

[sblock=For GM]He's AC 30, right?[/sblock]

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Geoffrey will continue to mount his attacks but switches to the wolf in the belife that is it go down the barghast will then be flanked.Swinging he connects once with his heavy mace for 15 points of damage.

1d20+13;1d20+11 → [7,13] = (20)
1d20+13;1d20+11 → [2,11] = (13)

Remove ads