Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Scotley

Hero
After a sound pummeling by H'Roosh and a burst of magic missiles by Gnurl, the final Barghest falls. The sound of rushing footsteps can be heard on the stairs outside the room.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp33/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtrMagArm,SeeInvis,GtrInvis

Gnurl remains Invisible and Mage Armored at least until we see what is making the noises outside the room. He's just a wee bit paranoid after those demons appeared in a place that was supposed to be safe!

J. Alexander

First Post
Seeing the combat ended, Geoffrey will begin to scan the area for those in need or healing..starting with the most serious.....

OCC:Who wants some helaing ?

Lou

Explorer
appearance of new characters

A soft almost familiar voice is heard, “Mingo. Mingo.” The sound hurries up the stairs to the room chased by footsteps. A small bejeweled rapier appears in a small hand followed by red scale-covered bracers on the forearm of its wielder, a slightly singed water Halfling wearing Mithral breastplate just as the party was used to seeing on Mingo and Anson. He clutches a small darkwood shield in his off-hand, just as Mingo did. Around his neck is seen an unusual silver holy symbol in an arrangement of seven stars.

As he steps into the room, he is followed closely by a similarly singed human in light yellow flowing robes with an inscribed strip of cloth around his neck, holding a bejeweled bastard sword with skulls on the guards. His arms are covered by blue-scaled bracers, and he wears bejeweled Mithral breastplate. Even at 5’ 9” tall, the dark curly brown haired human towers over the 3’ tall water Halfling. The small gemstone in the center of his forehead makes the human look strangely menacing.

Both men glance around the room quickly, noticing the headless body of Anson. The Halfling continues scaning the room and asks, “Where is Mingo Frasse?

The human steps forward and salutes Gregory, “Lord Vasa, we’ve finally caught up with you. When Fosco and I realized that we were looking for the same group, we decided to stick together until we found you. We took care of a large barghest lurking outside. I see you had more than one to deal with inside.” He voice trails off as he considers the dead and sheathes his sword. “Oh, my apologies, I am Zurrik Odeil, most recently Senior Deputy Sheriff on the lands of the Eldritch Lairds in the Western Reach. Your group made short work of the undead at the Rest. I was just itching to step in and help, but it didn’t seem all that necessary. You sailed before I thought to ask to join your mission, so I had to track you down. I am on leave and wish to join in your work to dispatch the lich. This one is Fosco Sandybanks, from the Crosscroft Isles. He seems to be either family or close friend to one Mingo Frasse, whom he seeks.” Zurrik’s voice tails off at the end.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp33/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtrMagArm,SeeInvis,GtrInvis

Seeing the combat ended, Geoffrey will begin to scan the area for those in need or healing..starting with the most serious.....
OCC:Who wants some helaing ?
Gnurl immediately shoots up his hand.

Then he remembers that he is invisible, so he says, "Me, me, me, me, Geoffrey!" Gnurl then approaches Geoffrey and touches him on the arm so that Geoffrey knows where to administer his healing touch. (OOC: Gnurl is down by 43 hp!)

J. Alexander

First Post
Meetings

"I regret to inform you that Mistress Ming has fallen into darkness, she was taken just a few minutes before your arrival" Geoffrey says...then smiling at the gnome tugging on his sleeve he reaches down and Gnurl feels the warthm of healing magic flood his body for 33 points of healing. "Please be weclome in our company..your assisance outside was greatly appreciated"

Lou

Explorer
Fosco Sandybanks & Zurrik Odeil

Hearing the news of Mingo's demise, the Halfling falls to his knees and sobs, "Not even a body to return to her family. I have failed in my mission to protect her."

After a few moments, Fosco stands and moves to Anson's body, I will take Anson's body and effects to his family. It is the least that I can do under the circumstances. Then I will deliver the news of Mingo's death to her family in person.

But first, healing the living is more important. I can assist you in that. Zurrik?
"

Zurrik responds, "Others are surely in more dire need than I am."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp75/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtrMagArm,SeeInvis,GtrInvis

J. Alexander said:
Gnurl feels the warmth of healing magic flood his body for 33 points of healing.
"Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou, Here Gnurl pauses to inhale deeply,"thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou THANK YOU, Geoffrey! You're a great friend to have!"

Gnurl is still down 10hp after Geoffrey's spell, so he'll expend one charge from his healing belt which gets him back up 9 more. He can live with only being down one hp. Healing Belt roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1652906/

(OOC: I forgot Gnurl had that healing belt!)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh (18 of 72 HP)

H'Roosh keeps himself off to the side, observing the proceedings quietly. After a moment, he concentrates briefly to increase his body's ability to heal itself.

[sblock=Action]Wholeness of Body heals 14 HP.[/sblock]

Remove ads