• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Geoffrey]So this would be a good time to throw some more enemies at you huh? :] [/sblock]

[sblock=Scotley]PUHH - LEEEEEZ, no more enemies/critters!! We've about reached the point in this campaign where it takes us a week to recover from a single encounter! :eek:[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Fosco Sandybanks

Hearing the plea for healing, Fosco moves to Finn's side and prays for healing for Finn. Seeing that more healing is necessary, Fosco will pray a second time over Finn.

[sblock=OOC]
Fosco casts Cure Serious Wounds curing 18
CSW on Finn (3d8+6=18)
Fosco casts Cure Serious Wounds curing 20
CSW on Finn (3d8+6=20)

[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp75/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtrMagArm,SeeInvis

"We are certainly grateful for your ministrations and your assistance," Gnurl says, 'towering' over the halfling* by perhaps a scant 2 or 3 inches (OOC: not sure since Lou doesn't have a height listed yet!), "but don't you think that some more detailed introductions are in order? I am Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small, and I was adventuring companion and friend to your late sister Mingo."

*for "towering" - untrained intimidate check = 1d20+2(cha)= 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657805/

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Fosco Sandybanks

At the mention of Mingo's name, Fosco starts crying again. He quickly closes his eyes and holds then shut until the tears stop. Blinking several times, Fosco finally says, "I apologize. Coming up on you like that, detailed introductions are certainly in order. My name is Fosco Sandybanks. Mingo and I were friends growing up. Our families are friends. While she became a Wayward Warden, I followed Mystra and studied with humans. I was summoned by my superiors at the request of the Wayward Wardens to find and protect Mingo and see that the curse was lifted. While the request was unusual, our study of magic made the new lich a topic of interest. As I worked to track down Mingo, I came across Zurrik at the port. He and I kept running into each other, so we finally discussed our situations. We decided to track the party down together. As we approach the tower, we noticed a large Barghest waiting for something. We attacked quickly, fearing the worst. Between my spell and Zurrik's eldritch fire, the fight was over shortly despite the Bargest calling down a flame strike on us." Fosco shivers at the thought.

"With Mingo gone.... I will have to return in disgrace for being too late. If I can assist you in any way before I leave, you have but to ask."

OOC: The details of my new character are not yet up because, well, I keep changing my mind about which to play, Fosco or Zurrik. One is staying to kill the lich, while the other is leaving with the dead. Fosco is sort of a buffed-melee version of Mingo. Zurrik is a rogue (with fighter feats instead of sneak attack)/warlock--more firepower but fewer HP. Originally, Fosco was to be the replacement, but then as he got fleshed out, the idea for Zurrik appeared and I began to move that direction. Unless someone has an objection, I'll play Zurrik with Fosco as a reserve character in case of more bad luck.

Scotley--Do you want me to post them both?

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp75/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtrMagArm,SeeInvis

"There, there, Fosco, I'm sure that everything will work out for you in time." Gnurl pats the poor widdle halfling on the shoulder, and steps back, letting his shoulders slump a little so that he doesn't "tower" so much.

Gnurl thinks, "Golly gee, I must have really terrified the poor little guy! Guess I'm just not cut out to be a bruiser! :D

mleibrock

First Post
characters

At the mention of Mingo's name, Fosco starts crying again. He quickly closes his eyes and holds then shut until the tears stop. Blinking several times, Fosco finally says, "I apologize. Coming up on you like that, detailed introductions are certainly in order. My name is Fosco Sandybanks. Mingo and I were friends growing up. Our families are friends. While she became a Wayward Warden, I followed Mystra and studied with humans. I was summoned by my superiors at the request of the Wayward Wardens to find and protect Mingo and see that the curse was lifted. While the request was unusual, our study of magic made the new lich a topic of interest. As I worked to track down Mingo, I came across Zurrik at the port. He and I kept running into each other, so we finally discussed our situations. We decided to track the party down together. As we approach the tower, we noticed a large Barghest waiting for something. We attacked quickly, fearing the worst. Between my spell and Zurrik's eldritch fire, the fight was over shortly despite the Bargest calling down a flame strike on us." Fosco shivers at the thought.

"With Mingo gone.... I will have to return in disgrace for being too late. If I can assist you in any way before I leave, you have but to ask."

OOC: The details of my new character are not yet up because, well, I keep changing my mind about which to play, Fosco or Zurrik. One is staying to kill the lich, while the other is leaving with the dead. Fosco is sort of a buffed-melee version of Mingo. Zurrik is a rogue (with fighter feats instead of sneak attack)/warlock--more firepower but fewer HP. Originally, Fosco was to be the replacement, but then as he got fleshed out, the idea for Zurrik appeared and I began to move that direction. Unless someone has an objection, I'll play Zurrik with Fosco as a reserve character in case of more bad luck.

Scotley--Do you want me to post them both?

Hey Louis,

OCC - I'll miss Mingo and would love to see Fosco with the party, but am happy with either character.

IC - Searching aimsly through the carnage, Radoon mumbles, "I don't understand where Mingo is... there is no way this thing could have digested her already." He finally sits down in the middle of the blood and body parts and places his face in his bloodied hands.

Barely audible as he is speaking into his hands, the party can hear bits and pieces of Radoon's break,

"This is not how things were supposed to unfold...

I am so tired of all this death, maybe I should have just stayed in port with M...

Am I really too old to handle all this death?...

Get a grip on yourself...No wonder you were never promoted to captain!!!"

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil - Warlock / Rogue (FF) AC 25 HP 66

Zurrik looks at his singed outfit and sighes. "I'm a law-and-order man, not a counselor." Zurrik thinks to himself. "Hopefully someone here will help Fosco get a hold of himself." Looking around the room, Zurrik spots Balmal and walks over to introduce himself.

"Sir, you must be Lord Balmal. It is an honor to meet you. I am Zurrik Odeil, Senior Deputy Sheriff on the lands of the Eldritch Lairds in the Western Reach. The Bhargest outside was no doubt laying in wait for anyone who fled the keep. We should check on your household to see that all are well. Please let me accompany you."

OOC: Zurrik has been posted to the Rogues Gallery. BTW, having a Chaotic Good outlook on life, Zurrik is a law-and-order man only when done his way. Like most law enforcement officers, Zurrik thinks the "laws" only apply to everyone else. :)

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Sorry, my last post seems to have vanished.

Balmal introduces himself to Zurrik and thanks him for his timely arrival.

Meanwhile servants and staff begin to peek into the room and seeing the mess start to enter and begin to tidy up, though clearly unsure what to do. A plump older woman comes over to Radoon. "Sir, please let me help you get cleaned up. Your covered in blood. Come on now thats a good fellow." If he rises she leads him to a basin and washes his hands and face in a very motherly fashion.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

OOC: Sorry, my last post seems to have vanished.

Balmal introduces himself to Zurrik and thanks him for his timely arrival.

Meanwhile servants and staff begin to peek into the room and seeing the mess start to enter and begin to tidy up, though clearly unsure what to do. A plump older woman comes over to Radoon. "Sir, please let me help you get cleaned up. Your covered in blood. Come on now thats a good fellow." If he rises she leads him to a basin and washes his hands and face in a very motherly fashion.

Radoon will follow the portly woman and get cleaned up.

Remove ads