Wizards: We want Class Power decks

Tervin

First Post
I have a complete Power deck for all classes - or at least PDFs for them.

This post has the files needed to do the job. Check that whole thread for more links and templates.

Going from Magic Set Editor to PDFs was a pain, and my files ended up too big to upload, otherwise I would of course share them directly.

KingCrab

First Post
Condition Cards for 3.x

I very much enjoyed the condition cards that someone (sorry EN dude but I forgot who) made and posted here on EN World. My friend printed them in color and laminated them for me, and they've come in very handy. Maybe someone here on EN World will do that for 4e powers as well.

That said, having WotC sell packs of power cards isn't a bad thing as long as the decks you buy contain one of each power for a class and there's no random element to it.

KingCrab

First Post
HP Dreadnought said:
I don't disagree that Wizards would help out gamers by releasing non-random sets of miniatures for roleplaying use. I do want to point out that even under the current distribution method, they are a wonderful opportunity for many gamers.

They are indeed. I don't miss the old days of having to paint. However, I would still spend a whole lot more money on them if I could buy exactly what I want in the stores (instead of buying exactly what I want when it shows up on e-bay the way I want it.)

Craith

First Post
I just made myself some cards in Open Office Calc, at the moment they look nearly like the powers printed in the book. I made 2 sheets, one as in the book, one personalised (1d8 + 5 instead of 1[W] + Strength modifier).

essenbee

First Post
Tervin said:
I have a complete Power deck for all classes - or at least PDFs for them.

This post has the files needed to do the job. Check that whole thread for more links and templates.

Going from Magic Set Editor to PDFs was a pain, and my files ended up too big to upload, otherwise I would of course share them directly.
MSE fails to load the set, complaining about a missing "D&D.mse-game" file. Could you please provide this file? :)

Tervin

First Post
essenbee said:
MSE fails to load the set, complaining about a missing "D&D.mse-game" file. Could you please provide this file? :)

That folder is in the mse-template-Ander.rar that is attached to the post. Make sure to place the template with the other templates in the data folder.

essenbee

First Post
Tervin said:
That folder is in the mse-template-Ander.rar that is attached to the post. Make sure to place the template with the other templates in the data folder.
Yeah, thanks, figured it out eventually (Doh!). Cheers for the reply. :D

Tervin

First Post
essenbee said:
Yeah, thanks, figured it out eventually (Doh!). Cheers for the reply. :D

I will not tell anyone how much time it took me to get that to work. :) And don't thank me too much, I am only the linker, and have not done any of the real work creating those cards.

A few tips to those why try this and want to make PDFs:
Get a virtual PDF printer of some sort. They tend to be freeware and easy to find (links in that thread for example). With that template Landscape printer setting is better than Portrait (9 cards per page instead of 8). The MSE program create huge batch files for printing it seems, so it can be hard to make one huge PDF with all of the cards. I gave up on that and made one file per class, plus one with the extras - doing it like that still took quite a while.

By the way, having tried 4th Edition with power cards I don't think I want to do without them. And I might very well make power cards for my spellcasters in 3.x as well - it is just so much handier...

Remove ads