A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz shouts at the crowd as the fleeing man start to dissapear into it. "Don't let that man escape! He is connected with the attack on the Pavillion!" He continues forward after the fleeing man.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair realised that it was moronic to stay in the same place where the enemy knows where it is. Since the other baddies ran away, they won't be able to find us if we move him to another random place, preferably not visible from any skulkyish hiding places. Of course, thanks to the Suggestion, he'll keep talking, and we'll keep listening until we put the pieces together

That's the basic summary, hopefully :))

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The crowd is deaf to Kurgahz' pleas. It swallows the fleeing men, completely concealing their flight, and advances on the dwarf and the half-orc, with the supposed leader shouting angrily from his perch.

Combat Round 1:

Kurgahz
Cludge
Mob
Leader

---

Lasair and Shadya take the opposite route. They navigate their way through the dark alleys and find a similar spot atop another roof. Relatively certain that they haven't been followed, they continue their interrogation.

After a long and painfully tedious story, it becomes clear that Hasan is no more than an insolent pawn in the Kaati Shut. He stalls as long as he can, telling every detail of his life up until tonight, but finally Lasair's suggestion outlasts his creativity, and he cracks, admitting to substituting for the real cup bearer and delivering the poisoned cups. He did not poison them, but he did deliver them. He also seems to have no motivations other than gang loyalty (a result of a relatively comfortable lifestyle and good pay for his less-than-honorable work).

Phoenix8008

First Post
"By Taurusk's hairy...." Kurgahz curses as he finally sees what's happening in front of him. "Cludge, stop running!" Kurgahz shouts before biting his tongue and spitting a glob of blood on the ground before him which magically expands to fill a large area, creating a slippery surface for the mob to contend with.

OOC: Cast Grease in 10'x10' square in front of him and Cludge.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Cludge, unable to leave Kurgahz behind, stands resolute in the face of the angry mob. (delay)

The mob surges forward at the pair. They're too riled up to pay attention the ground, and they walk right into Kurgahz's blood red grease trap. Many men fall, causing a domino effect in the crowd around them. The mob is slowed for now as men struggle to return to their feet.

The leader has his hands up and is angrily shaking his arms, screaming one word over and over: "Aahbes! Aahbes! Aahbes!!"

Kurgahz...

---

Shadya and Lasair...

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I don't know what Aahbes means, but I think we'd best get outta here or I'm gonna end up hurtin' these people, Cludge. Frakin people probably blamin' me cause I'm half-orc." Kurgahz turns to run back the way they came while yelling for Shadya and Lasair at the top of his lungs. He tries to pull Cludge along to keep him safe, even though it might be safer away from him right this second. Grinding his tusks, Kurgahz rails inwardly against the unfairness of the situation. Part of him just wants to turn around and stomp the mob, but that would make him into just what they fear and hate... "I swear, once we find those girls again, I ain't seperating or running off again no matter who should be chased down."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kurgahz and Cludge run for it. They haul tail back down the wide street, in the direction they saw the girls going. Kurgahz's slippery blood has flung the mob into a state of disarray, men are screaming in fear as they stare unbelieving at their limbs and clothes covered in red life stuff. Half of the mob is frightened away, the other half is further infuriated.

The now-fleeing pair duck into an alley and wind their way through buildings and dark streets, hoping to run into Lasair and Shadya. With no small amount of luck, they do just that. The mob can be heard off in the distance, and no men managed to follow the pair the whole time.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Thank the gods!" Kurgahz says as he catches sight of the girls. "Shadya, Lasair! We are NOT splitting up any more. We were chasing those men and ran into a mob. Some guy was screaming stuff and getting them worked up and pointing at me. They were all just about to try and string me up I reckon. Luckily, I used a little magic to trip them up as we ran for it. Unfortunately, those guys we were chasing disappeared into the mob and we couldn't get them. And the mob didn't understand when I tried to tell them that those guys were part of the attack at the Pavillion. By the way, what does 'Aahbes' mean? They were all shouting that together at the end before we got away." He finishes his story to the girls.

AGFlynn

First Post
OOC: Cludge's glazed eyes suddenly snap wide open and he twitches suddenly as if invisible strings that had held him up were suddenly cut.
Many apologies for being a deadbeat - Gen Con, life and some computer problems have kept me out of the fray!
Will do some back reading and reinsert Cludge back into the life of the plot.

Remove ads