4e Battle of Good vs. Evil: Ice Archon & Co. vs. Eye Of Flame & Co.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 7: Brightleaf has 7 hp and is bloodied and immobilized. Riardon has 16 hp. Corrin will use his Second Chance power and force a reroll on the crit. He has 17 hp minus any damage from the cold orb if it hits again. If he goes down to 13 hp, he is bloodied.

Riardon will move under the shade at 15N5E and fire at Indiana. 20+6+2, Crit! 14+4 quarry damage. He will designate Dariana as his new quarry.

Corrin will crit the helpless Indiana for 8, getting rid of him. He will mark Dariana, then move to 25N55E.

Brightleaf will use his second wind, bringing him to 12 hp, no longer bloodied, and +2 to all defenses. Then he will try to escape the grapple using untrained Acrobatics vs. Reflex.
6+4=10, he fails.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Where did you get that using a skill is a Move or Minor Action? I can't find anything on what kind of action it is.

It's impossible to miss with the orb, and I tried. P2 rolled a 3+16 vs. Reflex for almost max damage, 9+3=12 cold. Corrin is bloodied and at 5 hp.

Dariana would like nothing better than to take on the unbalanced Corrin. She shifts as a minor action to the southeast, then charges (+2 squares, so 8 more) to 30n55e and stabbeth with her spear. She rolls a 14+6+1 vs. AC, hit for 3 damage (Corrin down to 2).

Hawkeye takes a shot at Brightleaf with his crossbow while the elf is otherwise engaged. He rolls 12+5+2 (combat advantage), hitting for 4+2 damage and also another 2d6=7 damage just because he's a sharpshooter (CA). Brightleaf is unconscious at -1.

P1 moves to 50n50e and lobs an energy orb (fire) over at Riardon. He rolls 8+16 vs. reflex, hits for 9+3 fire damage. Riardon is at 4hp and bloodied.

Strahd heals up a little and takes another bite out of Brightleaf for 5hp (down to -6), but holds onto him. I'm not sure if Strahd can do anything else with the elf. No coup de grace? Can he only move him one square or multiple squares now that the elf is unconcious?

P2 will lob another cold orb at Corrin, 9+16 hit for 2+3 cold damage. Corrin is down to -3 and unconscious.

Hassafrass moves over to 85n20e and crits Brightleaf for 8 damage plus 1d6=6 for CA. Brightleaf is deader than a doorknob.

Bad Guy Stats (actual + temp):
Hass: -1+10 bloodied
Strahd: 6+10
P1: 36+10
P2: 36+5
Hawkeye: 24+10
Dariana: 27+10

Gansk

Explorer
I got the info from that new 'PHB lite' that was posted. Not all skill checks are the same action, as far as I know. I'm ruling that the Heal check is a standard action, but the 'PHB lite' says that escaping a grapple is a move action.

That '16' has to be wrong. It should say '+6', like all the other kobolds have. I don't see anybody below level 8 with +16 to their attacks, and the wyrmpriest is a level 3.

That means P1 and P2 both missed in round 6. I'll let P1 fire at Corrin instead of Riardon, so they both hit in round 7 vs. his 14 Reflex. Corrin has 3 hp.

There is no coup de grace. We can say that you can drag a helpless opponent at half speed to throw them in the water. That should keep all fights to the south of the arena!

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Round 8: Corrin has 3 hp and is bloodied. Riardon has 16 hp.

Cheeto the human bandit, wearing leather armor, appears at 35N55E and swings at Dariana with his mace, using dashing strike. 18+4+2 for CA = 24, hit. 6+6 for CA, and Dariana is dazed for a round.

Riardon will fire at Dariana. 12+6=18, hit. 14+7 quarry damage. Dariana has 4 hp.

Corrin will try to go out with a bang. He'll use Shielding Smite, his last special power. 17+6+2 for CA = 25, hit. 10 damage, Dariana is at -6 and Cheeto has AC 19 for 1 round. He will then mark P1.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Is the same initiative order maintained?

OOC: A little retconning of my own. I just realized Incite Faith was a minor ability, so neither P1 nor P2 used their action points yet.

Dariana moves one step closer to death.

Hawkeye moves to 60n50e and shoots at Riardon. 17+5, hit, for 4+2 damage. Riardon has 10hp and is bloodied.

P1 moves to 40n50e and breathes on Cheeto, Dariana, and Corrin (how's that for Evil?). Rolled 8+6 vs. Fortitude, beats both Cheeto and Corrin (if second roll is required: 16+6). Both take 12 fire damage damage. Corrin is unconscious at -9. Cheeto is at 18. (Dariana dies and is teleported out.) P1 then shifts back 5ft to 45n50e and uses an AP to lob an energy orb at Cheeto. Crit! Cheeto takes 13 more fire (speaking of fire, my dice appear to be pretty hot) and is at 5hp and bloodied.

Strahd smells blood and charges to 40n50e and claws Cheeto. 13+11 hits for 5 damage. Cheeto drops unconscious at 0! Strahd also regenerated up to 9hp + 10thp (19 total).

P2 moves to 65n60e and lobs a cold orb at Corrin to remove him from the fight. The corpse is teleported out.

Hassafrass moves to 30n15e.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Yeah, well my lack of retcon on Split the Tree caused this Kobold Wyrmpriest situation in the first place. I'm in dire straights now! :confused:

I figure that allies can hold for each other and switch initiative, but I'll let you make the call on that one because of all the retconning.

P1 has to roll an attack for Dariana as well. Only melee attacks are auto-crits. Ranged and area attacks are at +4+2 for CA. If P1 misses, Dariana will still be alive at -12. Always roll separate attacks for area attacks, it is supposed to simulate 3rd edition saving throws.
Same issue for P2 vs. Corrin, roll an attack at +6 and roll normal damage.

Round 9: Corrin has -3, pending another grenade. Riardon is bloodied at 10 hp. Cheeto has 0 hp. I must use reinforcements due to Corrin (like I wouldn't anyway). My new iron defender will be my main opponent.

A dark bat flies in from the west. He has a property called Mobile Melee Attack, which I don't know what that is, but I will assume it is the same as Flyby Attack.

Ombre will trigger an OA from Hassafrass, then whip him with his tail. 11+10, hit. 5 damage.
He ends up at 40N25E5Z. Then he will use his AP and charge to 40N45E and attack Strahd.
Attack: 6+10+1, just missed.

ID the Iron Defender will appear at 35N45E and bite Strahd. 2+10, miss. Then he will use his AP and charge Hassafrass, ending up at 35N20E. 5+10+1, hit. 10 damage, H drops to -6.

Cheeto starts to die (rolled 4).

Riardon takes his healing surge and gets back 5 hp. He has 15 hp and is no longer bloodied.

Corrin starts to die (rolled 9).

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Dariana was hit and killed. Corrin was hit by P2's orb for 12 damage (my goodness, but that d10 is h-o-t).

Hassafrass rolled an 8+6=14 on Ombre. I don't know if that hits because I can't find the stats. If it hits, it does 8 damage.

Doesn't ID provoke an OA from Strahd when he charges away? If so, Strahd rolls a 17+11 for 3 damage.

Infiniti2000

First Post
You're not gonna point me to the stats? :uhoh:

Bad Guys:
Captain (replacing Dariana): 39hp, full
Hawkeye: 24+10hp, full+
P1: 36+10hp, full+
Strahd: 9+10hp, slightly injured+
P2: 36+5hp, full+
Hassafrass: -6, dying

Captain Jonathan Archer teleports into the arena at 60n75e. He aims his longbow at Riardon, "Let's see who's better." He rolls a 6+9, missing. He growls angrily, then uses up his AP to try again. This time it's 18+9, hits for 7+4=11 damage. Riardon is bloodied again, and the Captain designates Hawkeye as his ranged ally. "Get him, Hawkeye."

Hawkeye first tries to hide behind the pillar as a Move Action (can he?). A Stealth check is a whopping 17+12. Then he tries to snipe Riardon. He rolls a pathetic 3+5+2 (ally), missing. If that hiding thing worked out, he remains hidden due to his Sniper ability.

P1 shifts as a Move Action and then as a Minor Action (neither provoking) to end up at 50n40e with Combat Advantage (flanking) vs. Ombre. He attacks with his spear, rolling 10+7+2, hitting for 2 damage.

Strahd heals up to full (10+10), and then considers his options. He likes attacked Bloodied opponents, but he's also not stupid. He turns and claws Ombre, 9+11+2 for 3 damage. (I'm not sure yet how I feel about the static damage for minions.)

P2 lobs a cold orb at Ombre, 2+6, misses. He then moves to 35n60e.

Hassafrass holds steady (15) at -6.

Remove ads