Is Ascension for me?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
Ideally I'd like to release 4E books and have that converted (by someone else?) into 3.5E.

I could help there, if you wanted, U_K, since the way things are shaping up I'm likely to stay with 3.5 for a while; it just seems like more my cup of tea.

At the moment that answer is simple, I'm going to finish the Gods part of Gods & Monsters (and maybe add a few monsters in the process, who knows).

After that I'll have to wait and see.

Don't wait and see, write while you're waiting! :p

Howdy Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
I could help there, if you wanted, U_K, since the way things are shaping up

How does 25% sound?

Based on the idea that the writing is 50% and the art is 50%, therefore a conversion is 50% of the writing.

If you want we can talk about it via email. ;)

I'm likely to stay with 3.5 for a while; it just seems like more my cup of tea.

Thats cool.

Don't wait and see, write while you're waiting! :p

I'm always writing/designing.

WarDragon

First Post
Grimoire may actually be plausible because mechanically I already have it written, so its not like Ascension where you have whole systems to incorporate its basically just new magic items and new spells (the dimensional magic 'spell system' is really simple).
That's good news. Grimoire was the part I most wanted anyway. What's left to do on it besides the mechanical parts?

Howdy WarDragon dude! :)

WarDragon said:
That's good news. Grimoire was the part I most wanted anyway. What's left to do on it besides the mechanical parts?

Type up the mechanics, write the entire book then do all the art...I'll have it by tomorrow afternoon. :p

WarDragon

First Post
I'd be willing to sacrifice the art if it means getting the book for 3.5 in a reasonable amount of time. Heck, I'll even settle for reasonable by your standards. :p

paradox42

First Post
As would I. I say do what Dreamscarred Press did with Untapped Potential, the psionics book, and release an artless version at a discount and then just do the art for the printed version. They're four guys, not just one, and they still did that with their flagship product (a very good one, too). Update the PDF when the art's ready and don't worry about it beforehand.

Of course, you did something similar for Ascension, but Ascension wasn't anywhere near fully written when you released the first "Beta version."

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
paradox42 said:
As would I. I say do what Dreamscarred Press did with Untapped Potential, the psionics book, and release an artless version at a discount and then just do the art for the printed version. They're four guys, not just one, and they still did that with their flagship product (a very good one, too).

Trivia note: the Automatic Metapsionic Capacity and Metapsionic Freedom epic feats in Ascension both appeared in Dreamscarred Press's High Psionics: Psionic Feats. They're properly credited though, as the IH series appears in that book's Section 15.

WarDragon

First Post
paradox42 said:
As would I. I say do what Dreamscarred Press did with Untapped Potential, the psionics book, and release an artless version at a discount and then just do the art for the printed version. They're four guys, not just one, and they still did that with their flagship product (a very good one, too). Update the PDF when the art's ready and don't worry about it beforehand.

Of course, you did something similar for Ascension, but Ascension wasn't anywhere near fully written when you released the first "Beta version."
Hell, you don't even have to reduce the price. When I buy a D&D book, I'm buying it for the rules, and occasionally story. If rules are crunchy, and flavor is fluffy, then art is a condiment.

I apologize if that didn't make any sense, I wrote it at 3:00 AM.

Hey there! :)

paradox42 said:

That may be the faster way to go...though I still prefer to have a cover for the pdf. ;)

Call me old fashioned if you will. :p

Howdy! :)

Alzrius said:
Trivia note: the Automatic Metapsionic Capacity and Metapsionic Freedom epic feats in Ascension both appeared in Dreamscarred Press's High Psionics: Psionic Feats. They're properly credited though, as the IH series appears in that book's Section 15.

Good luck to those guys! :)

However, I think there is a big difference between a book of feats and a book of monsters with regards art. Monster books need art in my opinion. A book of magic items and spells (ie. Grimoire) less so.

Remove ads