Walking Dad's Houserules

Walking Dad

First Post
Zelc said:
Whoops, I only saw the part about double your attack bonus :(. I still think it's too strong; treat it as a +5 bonus to attack (always good in combat) at the expense of -5 AC (situational), with an option to turn it off.
I don't really think, that AC is more situational than an attack bonus. Most of the time, you are more often hit than attacking. Perhaps I should limit it to melee.
It is only broken in conjunction with Power Attack, using a 2-handed weapon, as Power Attack is broken.

Gansk

Explorer
Hey Walking Dad, I'm still digging these rules! :cool:

Got any new ones?

Shouldn't Unbalance Opponent require that the opponent be hit, otherwise isn't it too powerful? You point at a dragon and it gets -10 to its attack?

Walking Dad

First Post
Thank you very much!

I got 'distracted' by Pathfinder and 4e.

I'm currently working on some rules to simplify and spice up higher level equipment (for me the most time-consuming thing when I'm building characters).

I hate that the game mechanic assumes everyone to have a cloak of resistance, an amulet of armor, a ring of deflection and stat boost items.

Gansk

Explorer
I hate that the game mechanic assumes everyone to have a cloak of resistance, an amulet of armor, a ring of deflection and stat boost items.

Here's what I am thinking of doing to help with this issue:

1) Natural armor and (normal) AC bonuses do not stack.
2) Deflection and AC bonuses do not stack. Deflection still adds to touch AC.
3) Cloaks and stat boost items are not permanent. They can be used 3 times per day, for 1 minute/item's caster level. Item costs remain the same.

Walking Dad

First Post
Here's what I am thinking of doing to help with this issue:

1) Natural armor and (normal) AC bonuses do not stack.
2) Deflection and AC bonuses do not stack. Deflection still adds to touch AC.
3) Cloaks and stat boost items are not permanent. They can be used 3 times per day, for 1 minute/item's caster level. Item costs remain the same.

I considered the first one my self, but it would weaken to many iconic humanoid high level monster.
The second one doesn't kill the problem. At higher levels, Touch AC becomes nearly as relevant as normal AC.
Perhaps a class dodge bonus...
I'm not a very big fan of times) day mechanic, but I will consider the idea.

Remove ads