Food Cravings

Ferret

Explorer
megamania said:
In college I met someone whom thought you boiled the potato skin and all for mashed 'tators. She didn't appreciate of teasing as we had to rescue the meal.

I find that's one of the tastiest ways to make Mashed Potato, plus copious amounts of cream (only for the young and reckless). In fact I'm making mash tonight.

I'm craving something now, I think it's cheese. So I'm off to fetch some of my chedder

kenobi65

First Post
Ferret said:
I find that's one of the tastiest ways to make Mashed Potato, plus copious amounts of cream (only for the young and reckless). In fact I'm making mash tonight.

Yes, Ferret, but you live in a country that believes you can mash up cooked peas and call *that* a dish.

EEEEEEEEEW.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you know what you're doing, including the skin in your mashed potatoes can add both flavor and vitamins.

For MP toppings, all I need is butter and/or a good brown gravy.

ssampier

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Damn. Some guys have all the luck. I envy you. :p

Sorry my Hawaiian friend, I don't like regular Pepsi. I can drink Pepsi products like Sierra Mist, Mug root beer, and Mountain Dew.

Besides you had to pay for the drinks anyway. My current job has both and it's free.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I have been dying to try and find a store here in Ontario that still has C-Plus Tahiti Treat, that pop was glorious and it disappeared from here when I was a kid.

Pbartender

First Post
ssampier said:
Mmm, BBQ. Still a little chilly to cook outside.

"Still a little chilly"... *Snicker* :D

Galeros said:
Speaking of Barbacue, which I like, but I always wondered why one would cook it outside in the summer. I mean, why stand in front of a hot grill when it is sweltering outside. Never made much sense to me. Why not cook it during moderate or even cold weather? I would rather stand out in the cold than the heat.

We don't have air conditioning in our house. For us, it's far preferable to grill outside during the summer in the shade with a breeze, than to stand inside the kitchen with the oven and stove top going.

Besides, depending on what you grill, you have to stand in front of it the whole time you're cooking... With something like steaks or burgers or chops, you toss them on, walk away for a few minutes, come back and spend 30 seconds turning them, walk away for a few more minutes, come back and take them off the grill.

Me? I could really go for some good, crispy fried chicken.

Remove ads