Central Casting: Heroes of Legend--is there a pdf out there now like it

NarlethDrider

First Post
product info for Central Casting: Heroes of Legend
"Are your heroes flat, lusterless characters with no sense of history or depth of personality? With Central Casting: Heroes of Legend, characters take on lives of their own. They gain families, friends, enemies, personalities, detailed past histories, and most importantly - gain motivations for life and adventuring!
Central Casting is a detailed, stand-alone system of tables, charts, and roleplay guidelines for creating thoroughly individualized, involved and invigorating backgrounds for both player characters and non-player characters."

Is there currently a product out there that is like it/this?

Aus_Snow

First Post
There's a Fuzion lifepath floating around somewhere. It's much simpler than Central Castings' offerings (of which I have all three, for what they're worth :\) - quite a lot like Cyberpunk's lifepath, but sorta generic. Also, there's this for Savage Worlds (fantasy.) Don't know what it's like. Someone from RPGnet is working on 'Interlock Unlimited', which contains a lifepath for all genres, or will at some stage. Burning Wheel has a lifepath in it, I hear. Artesia definitely does (and it's based on Fuzion, in fact.)

Oh, and there's the. . . Hero Builder's Guidebook, for 3.0. . .

Thanael

Explorer
Check out this thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=214131
for further links.

Edit: Copying my links over:

For D&D i sometimes use the Character Background tables from Unearthed Arcana.

Some googling and reading Enworld's
Lifepath thread1
Lifepath thread2

...revealed these:
Character Lifepath on dandwiki
Atomik Lifepath pdf
Lifepath (very interesting, the navigation is a bit strange but this is the most complex system i have found yet, aside from Central Casting.)

There's also the fairly recent Background Noise pdf by Second Rat Games

Last edited:

Ayrk

First Post
NarlethDrider said:
product info for Central Casting: Heroes of Legend
"Are your heroes flat, lusterless characters with no sense of history or depth of personality? With Central Casting: Heroes of Legend, characters take on lives of their own. They gain families, friends, enemies, personalities, detailed past histories, and most importantly - gain motivations for life and adventuring!
Central Casting is a detailed, stand-alone system of tables, charts, and roleplay guidelines for creating thoroughly individualized, involved and invigorating backgrounds for both player characters and non-player characters."

Is there currently a product out there that is like it/this?

I'm glad you asked this question, because we just put out a product exactly like this a couple of weeks ago.

Check out Background Noise.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Good catch there, with the dandwiki one. :) I'd forgotten about it for a while. Glad it's back on the radar (i.e., snaffled.)

Background Noise eh? Hm. . . I might see what that's like, too.

Remove ads