Two Kingdoms [Group 1]

Caros

First Post
The Overview

The great Principality of Shay had ever been the ally of her neighbors. Established in ages long past by a Paladin so devout he could not bring himself to be crowned king when, in his words “There is still one above me, and only he can be king.”

The largest goodly kingdom along the southern portion of Rasa, with borders stretching from the divine sea nearly to the ocean, Shay was a bulwark against the evil of the north, standing, with the help of her allies, against those who all to often sought more land, more power.

It was with great sadness then, that saw the end of those blessed times. With careful, deliberate intent the duplicitous High-Priest Damien eliminated the heirs to aging prince Derek. Descending into his grief with the death of his four son's, It was all too easy for Damien to bespell, and eventually kill the mighty Prince, the common men believing their monarch dead of grief.

Without a line of succession, the goodly nation turned to religion, the charismatic priest, with aide of his 'Priestess' Celes, ascended to rulership, even going so far as to turn the god's signs of displeasure into a rallying cry for his people.

It was the disbelievers! The gods were angry at them for consorting with fools and heretics, for allowing the evils of the north to live.

It began slowly, the 'way of peace' building, starting as a movement to encourage their neighbors to change, it soon became a demand that they do so. And when that inevitably failed, came force.

The Begining

“You have only just recently crossed the border into Lyra, making best time towards the capitol city. While you are expected in three days, the trip itself will take only two, allowing you to take a more leisurely pace. Or at least, that was your thought.

Settling down for a night's rest your evening watch is scared nearly out of his skin by a tap on the shoulder, the pale white face of Tim Messenger framed by black hair, staring down at him. His opposite hand was extended, a manila envelope enclosed within, pressed into your sentries hand before the man vanished as quickly, and as silently as he came.

Curious as can be, you tore into the package, waking your companions.”

[sblock=ReadMe]Fear my stock text ^_^. For the purposes of this.... Jayce will be the one on watch.

In case you're curious, this is the only time the two groups will be similar. Opening is the same for everyone =)[/[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"AYE, ya lazy bums, get yer rears outta them beds, we got orders from Messenger 'imself!" Jayce's powerful voice was accompanied by his foot rousing those who were less than quick to respond.

As soon as the squad was awake, the self-appointed leader began relating the info.

serow

First Post
Levitz wakes up with a snarl. Being disturbed in sleep is a very terrible feeling, especially when you're not expected to be disturbed. Just like that time... "What's the rush? We have one extra day right? Is it so important?"

kinem

Adventurer
After a few moments Vicente rises from his bedroll, after first making sure that everything is in place and quickly giving his hair a comb. Even at such a time, it wouldn't do to present an unkempt appearance.

"Very well, what are the Messenger's orders?"

Caros

First Post
The package, once opened, contained only a single slip of paper. Folded, and sealed with the wax seal of Tim Messenger, it contained the following:

Eleventh Company,

As pertaining to your current contract, I have conducted forward investigation to locate a series of objectives that you will accomplish while en route to the capitol.

Tim Messenger

Destroy Siege Engines

Much like their food and other supplies, the vast majority of the enemy siege gear has to follow the army after the fact. Siege engines are even worse for this because they are unstable and require a well made road to advance.

I have located a train of enemy siege weapons. As they are magicly shielded and quite sturdy, you will almost certainly have to capture them prior to their destruction.

Further down the letter, there is a series of data indicating a location, and the most likely time the caravan would pass said location.

There is little doubt that this is anything short of an order.

[sblock=ooc]I'll be updating with a map this evening or tomorrow afternoon. Wednsday will have the lot of you arriving at the ambush location, feel free to handle your planning here or in OOC once the map is up.

To get things moving, I've included a VERY shoddy version. The road is 20 feet across, 10 feet from the edge of the ravine...[/sblock]

Attachments

• Road.JPG
    Road.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 110

serow

First Post
"Search and destroy. It wouldn't sound so bad if we have more info on who and what's guarding those damn things." Lavitz looks at Death and Justice for a very brief moment, on the table beside his bed, and thinks to himself: Soon.
"Well then, what do you all think we can expect from them? Heavy armoured guards? Maybe we can use that ravine to our advantage."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Armoured guards definitely, maybe a priest or other caster. Looks like we got a nice little forest to hide in if we want. Should be able to see'em coming and be able to set stuff up. Looks like a fairly simple Smash Mission t'me.."

[sblock=ooc]
So just for the record, What's everybody's preferred fighting styles as far as you guys can tell? We should know each others styles so we can plan. For myself, Jayce appears to be a fairly straightforward beatstick with reach.
[/sblock]

Albedo

First Post
"DIE HUMAN SCUM!!!!!"

Kurgan wakes up yelling to nobody in particular, his sleep undisturbed by his obvious disdain of a human commander causing Jayce to give him a wide birth. He blinks a few times and stretches, lying back on the ground. He looks towards his fellow party members.

"I just had the most wonderful dream. And you were there... and you were there..." he looks over to Jayce, "and I just plain don't like you." He stands up, donnig his gear and grabbing his weapon as he watches his crew members read over a set of documents.

"Hmmmm... more blood to be spilled today?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases