Two Kingdoms [Group 1]

Albedo

First Post
Kurgen ignores the sighs of his much despised commanding officer and begins meditating, giving thanks to his Gods for the chance to sluaghter more humans as his divine power is restored.

[sblock]

Kurgen's Spell List:

0 (6): Cure Minor Woundsx6
1 (5+1): Shield of Faith, Summon Monster I, Divine Favor, Cure Light Woundsx2, (Cause Fear)
2 (5+1): Bull's Strength, Spiritual Weaponx2, Cure Moderate Wounds, Lesser Restoration, (Spiritual Weapon)
3 (4+1): Magic Vestiment, Prayer, Cure Serious Woundsx2, (Magic Vestements)
4 (4+1): Divine Power, Freedom of Movement, Cure Critical Woundsx2, (Divine Power)
5 (2+1): Spell Resistance, Righteous Might, (Flame Strike)

[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Vicente observes "Hmm, it seems a shame to destroy perfectly good seige engines. Oh well, maybe I could magically dominate one of their leaders. Make him lower the defenses or something. We'll see."

serow

First Post
Lavitz ponders a moment about Vicente's suggestion. "That's an idea. Make them ours, if possible. Although I won't want to be the one hauling them back to base. I'm just wondering, if we're going to ambush them... Maybe a quick distraction from the ravine might be useful to grab the first few moments of surprise. I can fly in and pop some cold on them, then you all take the advantage."

Jemal

Adventurer
"We don't have the time or the resources to take prisoners, men. I'm all for makin them work for us near the beginning, but then we'd have to find a way of disposing of them without pissin Messenger off by breachin' contract."

Jayce ponders for a moment. "I say we hide in the forest, let them pass, use Lavitz's attack as a distraction, and burst out. Kurgan and I can start slaughtering any who resist, and we'll use Vicente to keep busy any who try to flee. What you got to keep them from runnin, mage?"

[sblock=ooc]
BTW guys, It did occur to me that our party is basically evil.. we have two very evil characters (My black guard and albedo's evil human-hating priest), and 2 neutral characters.. breaking our 'contract' only matters to us if we get caught... :D
[/sblock]

Albedo

First Post
Kurgen finishes his meditation in time to toss in his input to the plan.

"I say we horribly slaughter as many of the human scum who are bound to be there as physically possible, and use their dismembered body parts to make a boat so we can get where we are going faster. Its both practical AND fun."

Jemal

Adventurer
"but... Kurgan... we don't NEED a bloody boat! There's no rivers or lakes to cross!" Jayce sighs, turning to the other two and continuing preprations, though any paying attention would note that he hadn't contested Kurgans desire to 'horribly slaughter and dismember' them all.

"Anyways, lets get a few more hours sleep so we're fresh, and then head out there, if anybody's got any other ideas, we'll discuss'em on the way, otherwise we'll ambush'em when they get there." He grins as the prospective action draws closer.

kinem

Adventurer
"Can we try to act like professionals for once, people?" Vicente inquires.

"I've got a few ways to stop people, sure. But I want to make one thing clear. We are in this thing for money, not for blood. I will not put myself at risk of blackmail, of losing the money. That means if they surrender, we take prisoners."

Caros

First Post
The ambush site was simple enough, Messengers map, while poorly drawn, managed to capture the essence of the area. Soon enough the caravan was approaching, a group of what must be at least a dozen siege engines over four wagons.

Guards accompanied the wagon, as could be expected. There were twelve in total, One on either side of the wagons, with a third atop it.. Each wagon was staffed by a coach driver cloaked all in black save for the face.

The were alert, but couldn't see into the woods, the wagons moving at a decent clip.

[sblock=Read Me]Alrighty. The full version map should be up asap, having trouble getting them into PDF format which means I need to contact my 'tech guy' who knows what the hell he's doing heh.

Any of your prep work that can be completed in twenty minutes is done (Building a baracade, hiding in the gorge for lavitz etc. Likewise, the caravan goes until you stop it North to south, the road on my map is 200 feet, the caravans are 10 feet each.)

The wagons are moving at 20 feet/round, and the twelve guards are a mix of paladins and fighters, six of each.

That said, I need two things from you guys. Initiative. Technically you get a surprise round, but I want to know it now for simplicities.

And I want the spell list for your casters both in thread and on ooc thread.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
(ooc: Are there horses pulling the wagons? How far apart are the wagons?)

[sblock=Vicente's spells prepared]Level: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Known: 0 9 4 4 4 4 -- -- -- --
Per Day: 4 10 6 4 4 3 -- -- -- --
0 LEVEL
1 Dancing Lights
2 Detect Magic
1 Ghost Sound

1st LEVEL
1 Color Spray
2 Grease
1 Mage Armor
2 Magic Missile
1 Shield
1 Silent Image
2 Sleep

2nd LEVEL
1 Flaming Sphere
1 Mirror Image
3 Scorching Ray
1 Web

3rd LEVEL
1 Deep Slumber
1 Dispel Magic
1 Stinking Cloud
1 Suggestion

4th LEVEL
1 Confusion
1 Otiluke`s Resilient Sphere
1 Phantasmal Killer
1 Wall of Fire

5th LEVEL
2 Dominate Person
1 Wall of Force[/sblock]

Vicente's plan is to first cast mage armor on himself, then shortly before the assault he will cast mirror image and shield to ensure his own safety.

He will warn the others to "I'll cast confusion on them to lead it off. Stay out of the range when I do, about a fifteen foot radius from the middle of the train. That should start them fighting their own. But they'll fight you too if you go up and strike them." He'll try to catch as many guards in the effect as he can, then follow up with other spells as appropriate.

It's not really my preference to allow them to put up a fight - I could've tried to box them in with walls and slaughter them easy with fire and cloudkill - but knowing my companions, they'll just have to charge into melee.

Caros

First Post
[sblock=Vicente]Heh, man after my own heart judging by your plan. Vicente is my fave ^_^

The wagons are horse drawn. Due to their construction this means they occupy a total of 6 squares (Horse and wagon 'overlap') 15 feet long, 10 feet wide. There is a Five foot square between each wagon. The whole train is 80 feet long.[/sblock]

Remove ads