Two Kingdoms [Group 1]

kinem

Adventurer
Seeing that none of his coworkers have entered melee yet, Vicente will cast deep slumber (DC 23, max 10 HD total) centered on the guards of the third wagon.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jayce holds off until Vicente's spell and then rushes forwards, smashing one of the awake, unentangled, non-confused guards in the face.
[sblock=combat]
Power attack for five, staying 10' away and using reach to attack.
Power Attack vs caravan guard. (1d20+10=24)
*EDIT: Forgot sneak attack, so rerolled damage..
Sneak attack vs Guard (2d4+1d6+17=23) Wow.. the reroll was the same damage as the original roll without sneak attack... :(
hmm.. not often you see a higher level power attack where the damage dealt is lower than the AC.. *L*
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
It was a scene of chaos as the mercenaries sprung into action. Caught off guard, a trio of spells struck the caravan before the guards had even an instant to react, debilitating nearly half thier number. Those few who clung to thier senses went for weapons. While they might not be at the level of Midnight's Brigade, they were certainly capable soldiers.

Arrows peppered Lavitz, one catching the winged soldier a light gash across the hip. Meanwhile, Jayce faced off against a pair of soldiers, striking one a heavy blow across the chest, the other man retaliating with a quick series of slashes from his greatsword.

More courageous still, came a paladin leaping from the wagon, drawing his greatsword mid-run. Jayce noticed this of course, smacking the blade from his hands. And yet still he came on, drawing back his hand to strike a brutal blow against the blackguards jaw, channeling divine power into the smite.

[sblock=Combat]Lordy but you guys make for a lot of upkeep. Heh.

For the purposes of this combat the guards are 1-12. The guard riding the wagon is 1, the one close to the ravine (left) is 2, Close to the woods (Right) is 3, Riding the second wagon is 4 and so on.

Alright, things will happen in order. Vicente casts confusion. None of the guards make thier saves.

Lavitz casts Entangle, hitting Nothing in the first and second wagons. He does however catch the guard walking along the right side of the Third wagon.

Two of you ready/delay.

Vicente puts Two of the guards to sleep, leaving the guard on the right side of the third wagon, who is, incidentally, entangled.

Jayce hits his opponent for stated damage. Yay!

Finally they go. 1-6 failed thier confusion saves. One and two babble. Three draws his crossbow and takes a shot at Lavitz and misses. Four draws his longsword and charges five, missing.

Five and six take off as fast as they can, making it 40 feet this turn.

7-8 are asleep.

Nine takes a shot at Jayce and Misses

Ten charges forward, provoking an attack with the spiked chain.

His save against the chain succeeds if he needs to make it.

He makes a 21 which fails against Jayce's 26 thus disarming him.

The guard continues his charge, provoking a second attack when he Punches Jayce, smiting him for nine more damage.

I'll leave the retaliatory strike to you =)

Eleven steps forward, drawing and swinging with a greatsword at Jayce after just barely making his will saveHitting! Dealing nine damage.

Twelve takes a shot with his longbow at Lavitz. Striking him, but not confirming. This deals a total of nine more damage.

At some point during all of this, Kurgan's readied action goes off. I'll let you pick which one you end up next to. Which makes it, your guy's round.

Oh, and four is now entangled.

Final note, please include current HP, AC in the first line of your thread (Not the title!) as well as saves for abilites (I'm looking at you lavitz.

Oh and Kinem? I'll call you what I damn well feel like! J/k =)

Edit: Added a new map. The blue sections were confused. The yellow sections hit with sleep. Both blue and yellow are 'entangled' as are anyone who is in the area at the start of Lavitz's round. The pink section is untouched.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Road.JPG
    Road.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 84

Jemal

Adventurer
Oh, he wants to Smite, eh? Jayce returns the favour, Twirling his chain around and sending it flying into his opponents as he slowly backs up.
[sblock=combat info]
(My AoO will be a smite Evil:
Smite AoO vs Paladin (1d20+13=30) Smite Damage Vs Paladin (2d4+20=27)
For my turn, I'll 5' step back and continue attacking the paladin, activating the Vicious and Merciful properties of my chain.
Vicious, Merciful strike vs Paladin (1d20+10=23, 2d4+3d6+17=31, 1d6=2)
(That's AC 23 for 31 damage, and I take 2 from the vicious)
Second Attack: Second Vicious/Merciful Attack (1d20+5=16, 2d4+3d6+17=29, 1d6=3) (AC 16, 29 damage, I take 3 if it connects)
If/when the pally drops, I'll Possible Cleave (1d20+10=18, 2d4+3d6+17=28, 1d6=3) at the guard I'd originally injured, and focus my attacks on him.
(Judging from your description, Guards 10/11 are in melee with me, guard 12 is on the other side of the wagon, and guard 9 is 10 feet north, on this side of the other wagon, correct?)

*any who were hit by Jayce's assault but are still standing must make the DC 11 will save or do nothing.*

**ALSO, Side note: not that it mattered this time, but Jayce's disarm check is actually higher than you listed.. +15 normal +4 for wielding a 2-handed weapon, +2 from Spiked Chain, for a total of +21.**

AC: 23. Current HP: 88 (With extra damage from vicious, depending on which attacks connected). My Saves: Fort 13, Ref 8, Will 8
[/sblock]

serow

First Post
Init 6, HP 66/75, AC 27 (+1 shield bonus, Two Weapon Defence), touch 15, flat 23

Lavitz glances at the light wound at his hip, thinking my blood is still red. He ignores the soldier who shot him for the moment, focusing his attention on opponents who are nearer and who can pose a more immediate danger to his team. Raising Death in one hand, he flies over and launches his assault.

[sblock=Rolls and OOC]Attack guard #11. #12 if Jayce manages to finish #11 off.
Moving over denies me a full attack, so it's just one attack.
Attack with Death (+1 unholy light pick) 25, normal damage 11, unholy damage 6

My to-hit is +17, because of Weapon Focus.

And apologies, will remember to include relevant stuff in first line.

Waiting, oh waiting, for a chance to do a full attack... All my TWF feats, just begging to be used...
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
With much of his important work done, Vicente will indulge his curiosity by casting sleep (DC 21, max 4 HD) preferably centered on one of the guards who is not confused, wounded, or engaged in melee. He is confident that the spell will not affect his coworkers.

Caros

First Post
The conflict had already turned quite quickly in the mercenaries favor. With most of thier enemies bespelled in one way or another, the melee was quite quickly mopping up any last minute troublemakers, recieving not even a scratch in return.

With over half the guards incapacitated or dead, and the remaining half eagerly attacking each other or running for the hills, the battle seemed won.

Yet, just as the group was prepared to call victory, one of the wagon drivers stood, tearing away his cloak to reveal mighty black wings. A single flap drove him into the air where he called down. "This caravan is under my protection. You'll not have it!"

As he spoke, that cloak began to leak, smoke spilling from beneath it to quickly envelop a large area just to the side of the caravan, concealing the bodies of those killed by Jayce and Lavitz, though not quite overcoming the two mercenaries. From inside, they felt waves of pressure, thier minds becoming clouded, overcome only by thier strength of will.

[sblock=ooc]Alrighty folks, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been having mucho router trouble in loading En World. I'm on my week off and hoping that I'll be able to repair whatever the problem is. Anywho... UPDATES!

Jayce drops (But doesn't kill, due to merciful.) the guard who smote him. The cleave attempt and second attack both miss. (Also. I believe blackguards smite good. At least, when fighting paladins. ^_^)

Lavitz finishes off #11 with a pick to the back of the skill. He is most certainly dead.

Kurgan moved next to his opponent, for simplicities sake I'm going to assume you full rounded him since I haven't heard anything different.

Spike full attacks Hit. One of the Morningstar attacks Hit.

Damage is 41 Which is enough to kill them. I believe I made a couple of mistakes in calculating his attack (Too low) But doesn't matter much. =)

Vicente puts #9 to sleep. (This one is entangled, but is using a bow. He's also pretty much the only viable target for your action. Other than 12,)

Guards

Confusion saves.
Entangle saves. (Note, that I just rolled for the initial 9. Five for example, is out of the area, and not entangled.)

#1 - Acts normally this round. He shoots at the caster. Missing (Please note Vicente, you haven't rolled for your mirror images yet. And aren't listing your AC etc.)

#2 - Babbles

#3 - Drops his bow, draws his longsword while charging #2. Missing.

#4 - Runs out of the entangle. He gets next to Vicente, but cannot attack.

#5 - Attacks #6. Missing.

#6 - Runs.

#7-9 - Asleep.

#10-12 - Dead or unconcious.

Finally, on the fourth wagon, the driver stands, and throws what appears to be a smokestick, covering a 10x10 foot area in smoke. He then takes wing, flying 20 feet into the air.

Jayce and Lavitz both make will saves, and succeed. Vs. dc 15 if you're curious.

And that is it for the enemies.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Vicente, hp 54/54, AC 20 (w/mage armor + shield spell)

Vicente has 7 mirror images.

Ah well. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be as easy as it looked.

Vicente steps 5' back from the guard who approached him. Trusting for now in his magical defenses, he decides to try to put an end to the new threat posed by the winged man with his ghostly special. Shame though, I bet a guy like that would make a good mercenary.

(ooc: Phantasmal Killer on the winged man, DC 24, Will negates, Fort partial)

Jemal

Adventurer
Jayce moves away from the cloud, healin his wounds, preparing to face whatever comes next.

[sblock=ooc]move towards the flying guy and lay on hands self for 18 hp(3 remaining).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads