Strahd's "RttToEE"

The party directs the four horses along the overgrown cobblestone trail. At one point, a group of foxes is spotted along the way, but they scatter to the four winds once they see the amount of party members. Several hours pass when the sky begins to weep, several hours more and you reach to a junction. A wooden sign, nailed to a tree reads and points:
Valida “north” – Hagthar “South” – Devarnish “North-west” (Devarnish is a settlement that is part of Veluna. The wooden arrow that points to Valida is broken.
Next to the tree is a metal cage, hanging on a high pole, inside lies a small skeleton with tattered cloth, probably a gnome or Halfling. A wooden plank is hammered to the cage that reads “Thief!”

To the south, to where the trail to Hagthar leads, You see the massive ridge of the Lortmills – Home of Rock dwarves and other dark dwellers that prefers the darkness of the underground rather then the warm sun or wet rains of the plains.

[sblock=ooc for Miltiades] - hmm, the boneclaw is fu*#ing Evil!!!
Plenty of undead traits, claws that reach 20 ft' and other blah blah blah.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran of Lortmills

The gnome looks upon the mountains of his home with home-sick eyes.

He then wonders how far they are from Hagthar now.

OOC: Bardic Knowledge to know anything about how far away they are from their destination?

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn places a gauntleted hand upon Lenuran's shoulder in a rare show of sympathy and understanding, the dwarf's eyes too upon the dark mountains in the distance. "Ach, friend...I too long fer me 'ome in the Lor'mils. It be 'ard bein' this close, an not able t' turn away from one's duty fer a bit o' me kin's 'ospitatlity. Dark, cool ale...tender, juicy roast beast...an' a soft bed afore a roarin' fire! Now that be 'ospitality!"

It will take approximately more then half a day with the horses. At least one horse is carrying two people (due to the reason that Korbyn’s horse was punched and clawed to death ... or undeath) so the pace is slowed. Looking up to the sky it is hard to judge where the sun is, but it is clear that you’ll reach the place after the sun sets down.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I expect a reimbursement in extra gold for Korbryn's horse, Strahd...afterall, you guys forced me to buy it just a little while ago. Hell, I even named it! :)

"Great. Another night in the woods!" grumbles Korbryn, shaking his head. "We should o' went by tunnel."

You march with your horses up to the rocky hills and leave the forested hills and plains behind you. At the end of a road you spot the wooden barricades that surround the village. A big tent camp surrounds the wooden low (6 ft.) wall, caravans and stalls-on-wheels are scattered among the big rocks and boulders that dot the surrounding land. The big Trees of the haunted forest gave way to low trees, thorny bushes and scrubs.
Trading among each other among the stalls and caravans are humans, dwarves, Half-Orcs and Orcs. The Goods consist of fur, mountain animals, and un-worked pieces of steel (copper, iron, bronze). Rare goods are wood (Understandable due to the reason that the nearest forest is haunted), spices and fish rations.
Two guards with long halberds stand near the gate. Two viscous looking dogs heel beside them. The coming of the party to the outskirts of the town do not receive any attention, but several bums and punks that dwell in vain near the gate eye Ithiken suspiciously with a “It ain’t a place for your kind” look.

*Speaking about Ithiken - Defcon is MIA.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases