Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

Ipissimus

First Post
So, if I'm tracking this right, being trained in a skill gives you a +5 base bonus? Or am I missing something?

Religion's an Int based skill too?

Yeah, the half-elf doesn't seem right... waaaaay underpowered.

Last edited:

Ipissimus

First Post
Thanks, just wanted to be sure. Hmmm, makes multiclassing feats more appealing if you get 'free' +5s (or even just one) to certain skills in addition to other benefits. Makes me wonder about the Skill Training feat... maybe they give you 2 skills rather than just one...

Ugh, speculation, just can't help it. :)

Ipissimus said:
Thanks, just wanted to be sure. Hmmm, makes multiclassing feats more appealing if you get 'free' +5s (or even just one) to certain skills in addition to other benefits. Makes me wonder about the Skill Training feat... maybe they give you 2 skills rather than just one...

I agree with your guess, otherwise you might as well just multi class to get another trained skill. C'mon June 6th (plus postage time!)

FadedC

First Post
Ipissimus said:

Based on the original pre-gen characters it looks like you only get 1 skill. I think the multi-class feats are actually supposed to be more powerful then regular ones. This is balanced by the fact that you can only ever choose one multiclass.....so you might want to do it for a better reason then to learn a skill.

t3nk3n

First Post
Ipissimus said:
Yeah, the half-elf doesn't seem right... waaaaay underpowered.

In our group, we're just letting whoever plays the half-elf to choose a free multi-class feat, with the exception of the inspiring word, we know for certain what every other one of the feats does, so it's not that tricky to fix it

Ipissimus

First Post
Hang on, I just noticed the 'Healing Lore' class feature at the bottom of the page. I don't see an analog for that on Erais' sheet... unless it comes at the cost of ritual casting... yuck, why would you do that?

edit: the wizard doesn't list ritual casting either, however.

Khuxan

First Post
Ipissimus said:
Hang on, I just noticed the 'Healing Lore' class feature at the bottom of the page. I don't see an analog for that on Erais' sheet...

Healing Lore is already incorporated into Erais's Healing Word.

iNSOMN14

Explorer
Ah-ha, I think I see the half-elf's advantage. Look at the Cleric's languages known. They gain two more known languages. Yeah, that TOTALLY balances them against the other races.

On a less sarcastic note, I completely back the "it's an error" group. Hopefully, the first printing of the module and this are different. Hopefully.

Remove ads