Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

quindia

First Post
FitzTheRuke said:
I think that's just a matter of either:

1) Those picks are good options, or at least, the obvious ones
2) They don't want to reveal too much.

They've said that there are about 8 choices (which isn't really a lot when you pick 3)

Are the other options any good? I dunno, but there will be OTHER choices. And of course, we will see the Arcane Powers book soon enough.

Fitz

Hopefully it's the second. The wizard looks a little boring if all his spells are simply attack variations. People have complained about this since the DDXP and were brushed off with, "of course it was all about combat! That's what the DDXP featured."

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Mirror?!

Can someone host these or link to a mirror that isn't Imageshack. I'm behind a work filter and I'd really like to see these.

Please. I'll give you a cookie.

hong

WotC's bitch
quindia said:
Hopefully it's the second. The wizard looks a little boring if all his spells are simply attack variations. People have complained about this since the DDXP and were brushed off with, "of course it was all about combat! That's what the DDXP featured."
Has at-will mage hand disappeared?

nerfherder

Explorer
vladbat said:
NOt sure where i saw this but I read that a language costs you a skill. Can anyone confirm this?
In SWSE, you buy Skill Training with a Feat. If the cost of a language is the same as the cost of Skill Training in 4E, then that would also be a Feat.

Serensius

Explorer
nerfherder said:
In SWSE, you buy Skill Training with a Feat. If the cost of a language is the same as the cost of Skill Training in 4E, then that would also be a Feat.

Wouldn't it be cooler if it was a trained skill proper? Like, Linguistics (Int) or something. When you take it, you gain an extra language, and every 3rd or 4th or whatever level, you gain an additional language. You could use it to try to understand foreign languages as well. Hm. House rule #1, hello.

Nebulous

Legend
I noticed that a lot of the special combat powers target an enemy, and can then push them or knock them prone, such as some of the fighter and thief attacks. But is there any consideration for size, such as trying to trip an elephant? Is the default rule just one enemy 1 size category larger than yourself, or does it not matter?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Wizard Damage: When they can hit multiple targets, they do a lot of damage. Scorching burst against two targets is 15 dmg on average. That is more then any other at will (including cleave) without combat advantage. Burning hands: 22 avg damage, which is more then any one elses daily.

The rogue with combat advantage can do more...it take 3 targets for the wizard to beat that. The cleric against undead can also do a good amount of damage, like a wizard.

ShinRyuuBR

First Post

Except that the language training feat in SWSE gives something like 3 languages or so.

Remove ads