Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

jaldaen

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
Dragonborn Paladin
Paladin’s bonus to defenses seem to be missing

In addition to the missing class defense modifiers the Dragonborn paladin is also missing one of his Channel Divine Class Features (Dragonborn paladin only has Divine Strength, while Corrin has Divine Mettle and Divine Strength).

Could it be that they class gains 1 + one-half your Wisdom modifier Channel Divine class features? Or something else?

Graf

Explorer
This may be old but I'm amazed people are complaining about the wizard.

3.5 arcanist was "everything".
They could do the most damage, had the best range, most of the good utility spells and could also do anything else you wanted (flying invisible wizard is better than any rogue at basic scouting (let alone scry, wizard eye), a wizard polymorphed into the right shape had a higher damage output/better AC the combat classes, charm person (etc) is faster and easier than diplomacy, etc etc).

Now the wizard is still the most versatile, they have the most powers, the most choices of different effects to use (three ranged at wills+cantrips/choice of dailies) and, unlike 3.5, they've given up something (they -don't- do the most damage).

It's not a shocker and it's not "weak".

I would happily play the wizard, or the H-E cleric for that matter; especially for the wizard you need to look more at the effects that come with it.
But I think it's good that other choices are more viable.

Oh and Clerics not spending an hour reading every single book trying to pick their spells for the day? That's the definition of awesome.

bert1000

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
Half-elf Cleric
The much discussed ‘missing’ multiclassing or bonus encounter power.
Both half-elves have a bonus language

Mearls justed posted on the "WOTC must fix this" thread saying that the half-elf cross-class power was not included "due to space". Doesn't give us the exact rule, but suggests picking another class at-will and making it an encounter power.

Green Knight

First Post
It does bring up an interesting question of whether there will be rules on whether non-important NPCs will have Healing Surges or values or not.

Chris Sims said on another thread that all NPC's get a number of Healing Surges per day (and that that number is in excess of one).

Falling Icicle said:
Why does the Wizard only have 2 cantrips? Yuck, I hope they didn't nerf them. Cantrips were my favorite thing about the 4e Wizard preview character.

They clipped a racial ability due to space constraints, probably the same for the 3rd cantrip.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Fiendish Dire Weasel said:
They clipped a racial ability due to space constraints, probably the same for the 3rd cantrip.

That's being quoted as fact now? I thought the "space constraints" excuse was pure speculation.

Fitz

Edit: Okay, yup I've heard now. Mearls admits it. Hmm. Personally I think "space" is a really bad excuse to nerf a character. I know I would modify my character sheet to fit abilities rather than ditch them. I guess they will post updates on DDI.

Last edited:

Remove ads