Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

Mengu

First Post
Couple things:

1. Healing Strike: Can the cleric choose to hit himself (I would assume auto hit) for 2d8+1 damage and trigger a healing surge on someone else? Because I don't think that +3 vs AC attack will be reliable enough to hit anything else. Divine Fortune would help a bit, but still, it does not seem like the best choice of an encounter power.

2. Beacon of Hope: So, forget about the attack for a second, if I understand this right, it heals 8 points on all allies in range, and if you were to follow it up with Healing Word that would heal another surge + d6 + 8 on someone? Now that's major healing mojo.

I wager the half-elf is missing a power. Something like Inspiring Word 1/day. He's got to have something that uses that 16 charisma other than turn undead.

Mengu said:
Couple things:

1. Healing Strike: Can the cleric choose to hit himself (I would assume auto hit) for 2d8+1 damage and trigger a healing surge on someone else? Because I don't think that +3 vs AC attack will be reliable enough to hit anything else. Divine Fortune would help a bit, but still, it does not seem like the best choice of an encounter power.

2. Beacon of Hope: So, forget about the attack for a second, if I understand this right, it heals 8 points on all allies in range, and if you were to follow it up with Healing Word that would heal another surge + d6 + 8 on someone? Now that's major healing mojo.

I wager the half-elf is missing a power. Something like Inspiring Word 1/day. He's got to have something that uses that 16 charisma other than turn undead.

1. Healing Strike is an amazing ability for a melee Cleric. Unfortunately this isn't a melee Cleric by any means, so it is just a suboptimal choice.

2. Yes. Beacon of Hope is amazing. 16+1d6+Healing Surge is probably close to a full heal for most characters at level 1. But, it requires the use of your daily and an encounter ability.

3. As for Charisma: Note Sacred Flame uses Charisma, I'm willing to bet that there are a few more abilities that use Charisma at well (though it is hard to tell with this character). Cleric abilities are going to all be based of of Wisdom, Strength and Charisma.

Mengu

First Post
On another note. I like the challenge of coming up with ways to describe a lot of these new abilities, but I'm having some trouble imagining how a rogue pulls off positioning strike or bait and switch against a Gelatinous Cube, or Purple Worm.

Lacyon

First Post
Mengu said:
On another note. I like the challenge of coming up with ways to describe a lot of these new abilities, but I'm having some trouble imagining how a rogue pulls off positioning strike or bait and switch against a Gelatinous Cube, or Purple Worm.

Judicious application of bacon.

EDIT: Strike that, waste of bacon. Judicious application of bacon grease.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Mengu said:

For the worm at least, I imagine that switching positions results from the worm twisting itself into various positions trying to attack the rogue, until it finds itself in a whole other square.

For the cube... maybe the rogue dives through it. :D

Pyrex

First Post
Have 'Burst', 'Blast', 'Close Burst', and 'Close Blast' been defined anywhere?

I'm curious how the area abilities operate...

Verys Arkon

First Post
Some discrepancies between D&DXP and KOTS Pregens

There are many reasons why there are discrepancies between the two sets of pregens
1) Rules have changed since D&DXP pregens were made
2) Errors either set of pregens
3) Misinterpretations and/or reverse engineering assumptions.

Here is a list of irregularities and observations that I’ve seen so far:

Human Wizard
An extra language. Humans gain a bonus language besides common? Erais has two as well.
2 cantrips instead of 3. Int based?
1 unexplained point of Will 15=10+2 wizard +1 Wis +1 Human +1?
Wizard gets 4 trained skills (Skamos had 3)

Halfling Rogue
KotS Reflex 16 from +4 Dex, +2 Rogue. Corrin isn’t getting his +1 Reflex from being a halfling – must be from the Paladin class, or the KotS halfling rogue is missing +1 Reflex.

Half-elf Cleric
The much discussed ‘missing’ multiclassing or bonus encounter power.
Both half-elves have a bonus language

Dwarf Fighter
+2 Racial skill bonuses to Dungeoneering and Endurance (left off Kathra)
Only gets 3 skills, instead of Kathra’s 4.

Dragonborn Paladin
Paladin’s bonus to defenses seem to be missing
Fort 14 = 10 + 4 Str
Reflex 12 = 10 + 2 heavy shield
Will 13 = 10 + 3 Cha

Corrin was getting either +1 to all defenses as a Paladin, or +1 to Fort and Will, and +1 as a halfling. Since the KotS halfling is missing a +1 to Reflex, we can assume Paladins should get +1 to all three, and this KotS Dragonborn is missing them all.

Longsword +7 = +4 Str, +3? Proficiency

Remove ads