Tidbits from PHB Viewing

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For those complaining about raise dead

Gold is on a slightly different scale, too. Most low-level magic items cost things like 360 gp. I KotS the reward for killing a whole slew of kobolds is 100gp for the whole party to share.

It's not quite like 3.x cash. 650 gp is a BIG expense for heroic tier adventurers.

Fitz

Stalker0

Legend
Did you guys happen to notice if intelligence actually does anything in teh game?

I mean, we know it effects wizard and warlord powers. But does it affect your skills, or have any other general effect on the game?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Stalker0 said:
Did you guys happen to notice if intelligence actually does anything in teh game?

I mean, we know it effects wizard and warlord powers. But does it affect your skills, or have any other general effect on the game?
It can affect Reflex, also some skills. Each of the "Saves" can be affected by either of 2 stats.

pukunui

Legend
FitzTheRuke said:
For those complaining about raise dead

Gold is on a slightly different scale, too. Most low-level magic items cost things like 360 gp. I KotS the reward for killing a whole slew of kobolds is 100gp for the whole party to share.

It's not quite like 3.x cash. 650 gp is a BIG expense for heroic tier adventurers.

Fitz
That's good to know.

On an unrelated note: So it sounds like the metallic dragons are definitely not in the first MM. I guess when WotC started saying that all the Dungeons of Dread minis would be in the MM, they forgot about the copper dragon mini (yes, they originally said "all but one" but then they started saying "all of them" ... so someone screwed up).

hong

WotC's bitch
A'koss said:
True, it looks pricey, but WotC really led us to believe that returning to life was going to be more of a hurdle than just throwing money at the problem... :(
I think the idea is that in a genuinely-PoL setting, NPCs who can cast raise dead will be few and far between. You can't expect to wander into town, find your friendly cleric who's willing to raise anybody for 5000gp, and get on with it. Hence until your own cleric can do it, raising will be difficult.

Which can also apply to 3E, but without the overall PoL principle in the background, I'd hazard that most games just allow raising without fuss.

pukunui

Legend
Spatula said:
Well, KotS has an NPC in town that can cast the ritual... and that's in the official 1st level adventure.
Yeah, although they might have done that to make it easier for people using the pregens to get back into the fight without having to worry about not being able to make a new character.

Jack99

Adventurer
Question:

Did you see enough of the rituals to make a guess on how many there are? How often can a ritual be cast? Was any ritual class specific?

Anyway, I must admit that I am surprised regarding the dragons... ah well.

Cheers

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases