Tidbits from PHB Viewing

thalmin

Retired game store owner
baberg said:
Thalmin, thanks for the info.

Will you be doing the same thing tomorrow? If so, should we try to compile a succinct list of questions that you can "checklist" for all of us impatient, greedy players? :)
Sorry, no. The books were brought in by one of our distributors, and the books left with him. You may still ask questions, we might remember something. As you can imagine, everyone wanted to spend more time with each of the books, especially the PHB. Some customers just wanted to drool, others wanted to look at the pretty pictures, while still others wanted to look up particular items or just get an overall feel of the books.
They are nice and easy to read (though nor when you are rushed while several people are looking over your shoulder asking you questions or to turn back to that other page.)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Warforged

Twiggly the Gnome said:
Thanks for the reports. :)

Did either of you catch what the Gnome ability score modifiers were?
Sorry, I didn't.

I did get a bit on the Warforged
+2 STR, +2 CON
Speed 6
Vision Normal
+2 to Endurance Skill
Can wear armor

A'koss

Explorer
Anyone get a look at some of the heavyweights in the MM, for example... Orcus? An ancient Dragon? The Tarrasque? Even just some tidbits I'm sure would be interesting...

thalmin

Retired game store owner
As to the DMG, we looked at all three books, what would you like to know? Mostly it was info on running a game, virtually no info for players. A bit on terrain, a nice section on traps, a little on weather...
Many things, but I didn't read it much. I was looking for info on Craft or Profession skills, also Commoners and 0-Level options, but I came up with nothing. I could have missed it, but I was looking specifically.

Rechan

Adventurer
I imagine you didn't see anything on "How NPCs are treated differently than PCs". :)

I'd honestly like to know about traps. Or any new stuff we haven't seen. One thing I'm really curious about is how outdoor, improvised (snares etc) traps will be handled, or the ye olde needletrap or pit trap.

valeren

First Post
Bestopheles said:
Not to be a smart ass, but it's "Monsters from the stars." One ability throws the person into "A dark and twisted area of space", for 7d10 dmg (and this could be off, I didn't write it down) where they float for a bit then fall down "mad"...considering everyone there enemy. They take Opportunity Attacks on everyone, and consider everyone an enemy.

I honestly got a psudonatural flavor...not in the "weird tentacle" way, but in the "things man was not meant to know kind of way."

darn. i was hoping the warlocks would have some connection to the shadowfell instead of the far realms...

Remove ads