renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Arabesu

from one dad to another, (belated) happy father's day walkingdad!

"I agree that we should dig shallow graves for the bodies from the ruined structure, to be exumed and buried properly if we can find an undertaker. On the other hand, this scum," pointing at the fallen hobgoblins, "deserve no such respectful treatment. Still, if we leave them laying about it will attract foxes that may find the shallow graves. I would suggest burning the hobgoblins in a bonfire. If placed in the middle of the road it would have little chance of catching the wet scrub-brush on fire and would send up a collumn of smoke visible for miles. The undertaker would have no difficulty finding the graves if said plume were used as a beacon. As to this last one," pointing to the unconscious hobgoblin recovering from Sohen's whelm, "I would recommend we take him with us until we can interogate him. If others live... well then let the bonfire take them to their just reward for this vile ambush."

"Scavenger, its fine with me if you take the sword, but I reckon its value is a relatively large portion of this haul. Presumably we will sell most of this loot and divide it up evenly sometime at a later date. Does that seem fair?"

Once a consensus has been reached regarding the last living hobgoblin prisoner, Yorgon joins Draxton, ready to continue on with the mission.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Jerrand Redband said:
"There are more bodies here," he says to the rest of the group."What do you make of this Sir Conrad, regular banditry?"

Draxton will not approach the bodies or take the gold, he will wait for Scavenger.

"Bandits don't leave a pile of gold behind, or salvageable weapons or armor. Zealots fired on an unholy mission of slaughter might, particularly if they are already well equipped, have much work to do, and little time to waste."

Voadam

Legend
Jerrand Redband said:
"I don't know much about Tiamat, but I do know that she is bent on taking over all the universes on every plane." Draxton says placing the last piece of usable wood atop the merchant and his hirelings."And I don't believe that this backwater country here has anything to do with that." He dust off his hands and looks to the sky then to the bodies and gives a short prayer for their souls to go and be under Helm's protection. That done he turns towards Sir Conrad"Your welcome to join us Sir Knight for it seems we are on the same mission.

"Said to be the guardian of the first gate of Hell. Or was. She commands evil dragons and legions of abishai, some sort of fusion of devil and dragons, does she not?" Sir Conrad smiles "I welcome the company of all who would oppose such as her. I accept your invitation and will gladly join you."

Voadam

Legend
Jerrand Redband said:
The High Priest didn't ask us to investagate to destroy simple bandits that I know for sure."

"What did the High Priest ask you to investigate?" Sir Conrad asks Draxton. As they are talking the knight pulls out a wand. "As a priest of the ever watchful, might I trouble you to use a healing wand such as this upon me? I am not able to use such myself." He smiles wryly again "Though my last target was."

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks. When ist father day in america? Hope you had a nice one

Arabesu said:

"Scavenger, its fine with me if you take the sword, but I reckon its value is a relatively large portion of this haul. Presumably we will sell most of this loot and divide it up evenly sometime at a later date. Does that seem fair?"
"That is fine by me. I carry it to the next city. Maybe we get in more trouble until then. We should take all the magic items with us." Scavenger responds.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Draxton

Draxton excepts the wand from the knight." It is the least action I can perform for your help." Draxton says as he looks as to how to use the slim magical device.

OOC: After he is done he will offer it back to Sir Conrad.

Voadam

Legend
Walking Dad said:
"That is fine by me. I carry it to the next city. Maybe we get in more trouble until then. We should take all the magic items with us." Scavenger responds.

"Absolutlely. Seeing as the cleric drank a potion and seemed to heal him and they were a squad of combatants it would make sense if the potions were all combat useful healing. Did the potion bottle he drank then dropped match these others?"

Voadam

Legend
Jerrand Redband said:
Draxton excepts the wand from the knight." It is the least action I can perform for your help." Draxton says as he looks as to how to use the slim magical device.

OOC: After he is done he will offer it back to Sir Conrad.

After the healing is finished Sir Conrad gratefully takes back his wand and says "My thanks. I feel ready to take on another squad again."

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
After defeating the hogoblin marauders and tending to the bodies of both the innocents and their enemies, the group continues on to Drellin's Ferry.

The road descends into a small town built mostly on the far side of a broad, sluggish river. Six old stone piers jut from the water, marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead a couple of long, thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat-bottomed ferryboat. Brown fields and green orchards surround the town.

As you approach the intersection (1 on the map) a group of armed townsfolk - three in leather, one in mail - stand guard watching you approach warily. The one in the mail steps forward, raising his hand in front of him. "Halt, and state your business strangers. the man says

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
At the question of the items, Sascha cheerfully states, "'Ere be a sage who could da ya w'th items. Can identify them right straight."

~~~

As the townfolk get together, Sascha fades to the back, eyes peeled.

Remove ads