renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Arabesu

Yorgan smiles, steps forward, leans on his cane casually, and addresses the guards:"We are here on business. Specifically, to see the high priest at the Helmite Temple. Brother Draxton here," pointing to the armored cleric, "is on a mission to deliver a message and make further inquiries with the sages and scholars of his order."

Pausing to allow this to sink in, he continues after a few moments, "Additionally, we have commerce to attend to. It is a matter of some items that we wish to have identified and either sold for gold coins or traded for similarly valued gear. If you would be so kind as to point us in the direction of the Helmitic temple and the marketplace, that would be most helpful."

OOC: Diplomacy 22, taking ten.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Draxton

ooc: Would have cleaned up on the way.I'm probabaly the only one in the party who has to use a good old fashioned cloth and water to look different.LOL

Draxton stands looking every bit the devout follower of Helm, as Yorgan talks to the town watch."My comrade speaks true. We come not only to deliever a message to my order, but also to those whom may cause trouble to this area, we wish to tell them that Drellin's Ferry has come under Helm's mighty protection. I see that you must be in need for you are both armed and suspious of strangers."Draxton speaks a little softer and humbly"Please allow us to be of assistance." He says with a bow.

Aid Another to give Yorgan +2 more to diplomacy = 25

ooc: kind of automatic with a +14 ;)

renau1g

First Post
The guards begins to chuckle at the mention of the Helmite temple.

"You ain't that familiar with Drellin's Ferry, are you? Brother Derny runs the shrine of Helm, yeah I guess that's a better word. Ain't nuthin' like the temple up in Brindol. Now that's a temple. (The shrine is #6 on the map). " the mailed guard says

"Well, I'm Sergeant Hersk. If you're really lookin' to help us our go to the Old Toll House - that's the big stone building there (#8). Ask for Captain Soranna. he continues.

"Oh yeah, if you're lookin' for somewhere to stay, try the Old Bridge Inn (#10). It's right across from the Old Toll House. Good Luck!" Hersk finishes.

Arabesu

"Me and my comrades thank you for your time."

Yorgan draws the group off to the side of the path for a quick, private discussion.

"Should we should split up? Draxton and Sir Conrad could go talk to this Captain Soranna and find out about the nature of the problems from a militant perspective, while Sascha, Scavenger, and I could go sell our looted items and procure a room at this 'Old Bridge Inn.' We could then reconvene after tea, and all go together to talk to brother Derny later this afternoon or evening. What do you think?"

Voadam

Legend
"I will go talk with this Captain Soranna. I will report the dead merchant and the hobgoblin squad. Perhaps she will have more information that is of use."

renau1g

First Post
"Well, for helping us out with them hobgoblin's tell Drathgar to let you across the river without fee, we'll cover it. Hersk tells the group as you depart.

You approach the crossing and step gingerly onto the ferry, which is pulled by a pair of draft horses at a leisurely pace. It takes you approximately 6 minutes to cross the river. Once you arrive, the group splits into two disparate parts.

[sblock=Loot Group]
Sascha recalls that the local sage is Sertieren the Wise, a reclusive sort whose home is rumoured to be haunted. After asking a passing local, he directs you to the sages home (#7 on the map.), which is a beautiful home overlooking the river. After knocking on the door, a wizened halfling opens the door, looking at you through a pair of spectacles, his grey-white hair is disheveled and his fingers are covered in ink stains. "'ello, what can ol' Sertieren do fer ya this afternoon?" the halfling asks.

For a cost of 125 gp per identify spell, which you require 3 castings, he can identify your magical armaments and he'll throw in the potions for free.

Assuming you're ok with the cost:
"Bless me, I haven't seen magic like this in a dog's life, two even. These are mighty fine blades you have here, they're enhanced with magic to be even more effective and same with this armor. These potions are of a curative magic, best for you adventuring types. If you're looking to sell them, I can take them off your hands. My nephew's been looking for something like this and I need to get him a birthday present." the halfling says
OOC - +1 enhancement on the swords & banded mail, potions are CLW.
He'll buy the blades for 1,125 each & the armour for 500.

As you're leaving the halfling sees you out ."If you're ever needing any scrolls, potions or other wondrous items, like rings and such, come see me. I can make almost anything for you." Sertieren finishes.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Going to See Soranna]
Sir Conrad and Draxton proceed to go see Soranna, they knock at the door of the Old Toll House. A thin, male answers the door, looking nothing like a warrior. Once you tell him you're looking for Soranna, he informs you that she's out on patrol. He'll tell her that once she returns, he'll send her to meet you, presumably at the Old Bridge Inn, as it's the only place in town.
[/sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Draxton

[sblock=ooc] ask the thin man were we can take are prisoner. question:are we going to question him or let the locals?? If there isn't a place can we make a stocks lol[/sblock]

Remove ads