Greyhawk maps

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I guess the question then is, does Anna have WotC's permission to sell maps that use WotC's IP?

Even though these are not being sold for profit, it might still be a problem. Personally, I have no problem with it and certainly won't push the issue beyond this post.

I just don't want to see a very talented cartographer and a game printer that has a great word of mouth reputation get in any legal trouble. :)

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Rebuilding shopping carts

So how do we go about ordering this stuff?

I will try to finish rebuilding the shopping cart site this weekend.

There will be a specific page dedicate to Anna's maps, and all that I have currently downloaded will be available for print, optional lamination and shipping, all at the lowest price I can afford to do it.

I'll download the rest of her maps and make all available eventually.

I will post a link when the site's up and running again.

GP

anna_b

First Post
Great to see all this interest in my mapping :)
First here is a link to the initial version of my Naerie map:
http://ghmaps.net/maps/Naerie_v2.jpg

There is also a pdf version available, you can get it from my site as well.
GamePrinter’s efforts to print my maps are indeed with my blessings !
His printouts will be from special high resolution originals where I haven’t used compression in order to preserve the original quality. I wished it would be possible for me to offer these on my site but the bandwidth and hosting costs would be way too high. But thanks to GamePrinter you can soon get the best possible printouts of all my maps.

Now a comment on copyrights issues.
WotC haven’t given me permission to make maps of Greyhawk and I haven’t asked them. In fact I don’t need a permission to make my maps and they can’t stop me from making them.

What they can do is trying to stop me from sharing them with others. They haven’t done it so far and hopefully they will not do that in the future either. I’m not making any profit on them and not hoping to. I do it because I like Greyhawk and making maps and it gives me an opportunity to show off my skills, which have helped me in many other ways. So I get things back (even money) but only indirectly and not from my Greyhawk maps.

What I do is good for WotC because it creates positive fuzz about role-playing and D&D. What could be bad for them is the fact that if they decided to republish Greyhawk they have to contend with the fact that my maps are out there. They could just ignore me and issue new maps or reprint their old ones. Perhaps my maps are regarded by Greyhawk fans as the best and they needed to buy them or makes better ones themselves (not at all impossible since they have way more resources and talent than I have), then my work would have increased their production costs.

I often get the comment that my maps are the best Greyhawk maps there are, and it is true. Not because I’m especially talented but the fact that there are not many different Greyhawk maps out there. So if WotC decided to try and stop me from sharing my work it would be another good example that IP is as destructive to creativity and progress as it is beneficial. Which is a hot political debate internationally and in my country and I might need some more political ammunition. So if that happened it wouldn’t be ALL bad :)

Thanks again for your interest and comments
Anna

Last edited:

anna_b

First Post
Thank you all for your interest in my work :)

My latest release, the initial version of area 58 is finally available!

Sq58_thumb2.jpg

There is an updated version of area 59 available as well, to match 58. I did the initial version of 59 almost four years ago and still there are details to be corrected and added. So I’m sure there are lots of things to change and add on area 58, so please scrutinize it thoroughly so I can get things right.

An updated map of area 45 will be published shortly to fit in with area 58.
When that is done I’m going back to Onnwal and the Dragonhead Peninsula. With expert help from Stuart Kerrigan I will make a special map of LG Onnwal. Then it is back to the Lortmil mts again to continue work on area 71.

My plan is to try and keep a schedule of one map a month, Onnwal in October and area 71 in November.

There is a small chance I can manage to get the western part of Nyrond ready by xmas :)

All my maps can be found at Greyhawk Maps - Atlas of the Flanaess

//Anna

The maps are an amazing thing of beauty!!

The pdfs with layers highten the utility of the maps to unknown dimensions.

The thing that've always turned me off 'bout Greyhawk has been the IMO stupid stupid names. So here's a question: Is it somehow possible to write your own geographical names and use those? I hope so, but how?

Anna, will you add places such as Elsir and Nentil Vale? As an optional layer, perhaps?

Keep up the amazing work. Thanks!

Remove ads