The Raven Marches

Halford

First Post
OOC:

[Sblock=OutlawJ] The Bard only granted a +1 bonus, since Inspirational Boost is only available to 2nd level Bards being a 1st level spell.[/Sblock]

[Sblock=Legildur] Ah, good thought so I started reading after the bit about armor apparently. And yes it makes sense for Dwokan to be sans armor, maybe a future investment in some chainshirt pajamas is called for![/Sblock]

[Sblock=Jemal] LOL. I can see how you could be a little confused. I will try to summarize events. Gillian is aware of events after the Sgts original bellow and thus all of this.

Old man staggers towards camp through the mist. Alarm is raised.

Dargo and Ainel suddenly move forward and help the old man into camp.

Derek spots something black and wormlike moving from the old man onto Dargo and Ainel.

Dargo picks up a bit of firewood and thomps Thalamarose on the head for nonlethal damage. At the same time the Bard begins to inspire courage in team leech.

Thalamarose uses his Precocious Apprentice Scorching Ray upon the old man killing him instantly.

The Bard moves infront of the old mans corpse and many are able to see 4 glistening black leeches slither onto his flesh. He then whips Thalamarose's legs out from under him and lashes again knocking Thalamarose out.

Sgt. Bremen moves up and strikes Tamworth and Dowkan follows up downing him with non-lethal damage.[/Sblock]

Initiative Order:

21 Derek
20 Ainel
19 Thalamarose = Unconcious
19 Pupeteers
10 Sgt. Bremen
9 Dowkan
6 Gillian 5 Dargo = Unconcious, but needs to make stabilization checks.
4 K'inta - YOU'RE UP!
2 Commoners

Last edited:

OutlawJT

First Post
OOC: my roll is posted in the ooc thread. I don't feel like fishing for it. suffice to say, Dargo missed Dowkan by 1 because he was attempting to cause non-lethal damage.

Dargo - Control Issues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing the dwarf close in and assail one of his new friends' servants made him a wise new target. Dargo turned on the stout warrior and brought his makeshift club to bare. He didn't mean to cause any permanent harm so he checked his swing a little. Dowkan, bringing his shield up at the last second, barely manages to deflect the blow harmlessly to the side. It seems clear that Dargo is still trying to put the unit down without causing any real physical harm.

Halford

First Post
K'inta chants a spell and is suddenly surrounded in a golden light.

Two of the commoner step in next to Tamworth's recumbant form and reach down emerging with leeches in their grasps which they place upon their necks.

[Sblock=Legildur] Dowkan may take an attack of oppertunity as one of the commoners bends down to pick up a leech.[/Sblock]

Horrified by their comrades actions the rest rush in to surround the ensorceled individuals. Two strike at Dargo, one having moved around to flank the Shifter, and two strike at Ainel.

[Sblock=OutlawJT]Can you explain Dargo's AC to me? I am missing 1 point. He has a dex mod of 4 and is wearing studded leather for 3, yet you have it listed as an 18 pre shift.

If it is infact a 17 Dargo gets hit and takes 3 points of lethal damage.[/Sblock]

Halford

First Post
OOC: Sorry Walking Dad! Here it is, my bad!

MAP

Please note that the Bard has been removed due to his unconciousness. You do know there are still two leeches upon the body.

Legildur

First Post
"None of that now ya hear!" the dwarf grunts as he seeks to knockdown one of the commoners.
[sblock=ooc]AC 14
Waraxe +1 for 1d10+3 non-lethal
Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +4[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Derek swings at Dargo, but attempting to use the flat of his blade enables the shifter to easily avoid his swing.

One of the leeches remaining upon Tamworth's recumbent form moves out onto the bard's throat and pulls a portion of its body up before flashing down to tear into his throat. The life ebbs from the Tamworth and blood wells up around the leech. The other remains hidden amongst the late bard's clothing.

OOC: I will need a DC 8 will save from Derek, which is an enchantment.

[Sblock=OOC]Since the leeches have a movement of 5ft. I am ruling that they cannot take a 5ft. step. One withdraws onto a commoner and the other coup de gras Tamworth who fails his save - it is now clearly visible, though it will clearly be difficult to hit given its fine size (+8 AC!), essentially it has to cease hiding in order to do this.

The other attempted to charm the commoner flanking Dargo with Dowkan, but failed. FYI this is a charm effect which was previously DC 13, now that combat has been joined the will save is only a DC 8.[/Sblock]

Sgt. Bremen swings upon the commoner below Dowkan, he lands a resounding blow which sends the man crashing to the ground blood fountaining from a gapeing hole in his side. The Sgt. continues with his swing and rams the ranseur into Dargo's shoulder sending the shifter crashing to the ground unconcious - though he does not look nearly as bad as the commoner.

"Kill them, kill them all!" Ainel is commanded by the incidious voice in his mind, there almost seems to be a note of panic to it.

[Sblock=OOC]Invisible Castle was down so I rolled and got a nat 20 with a 1 on the confirmation, damage was near max too at 10 points. The commoner is still alive at the moment, though not for long!

The Sgt. then cleaved onto Dargo, but since Dargo is a PC I rolled using the dice roller on wizards, the following is cut and pasted from the roller...

Roll(2d4)+3:
3,3,+3
Total:9

Roll(1d20)+7:
16,+7
Total:23

NOTES
-------------------------
This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

Now I believe Dargo is yet to Shift? This should place him at -1 having taken 3 points previously. Correct me if I am wrong in that OutlawJT.[/Sblock]

OOC: Legildur, Dowkan was disarmed by Ainel, he can pick up his weapon, but that will provoke from the standing commoner and Ainel. Alternatively he can use his gauntlet, or draw and use his throwing axe in melee, let me know! The following is what happened before I saw Moritheil's post, so the rolls will remain the same - but Dowkan doesn't know that!

IC

Dowkan swings upon the remaining commoner and down him will a thunderous smash of his axe. Fortuitously the Dwarf has struck for non-lethal damage and his foe is merely unconcious.

Gillian spotting the leech that just killed Tamworth moves five feet behind Dwokan takes aim and launches a sling bullet which goes well wide of her miniscule target.

[Sblock=OOC]Rolled on Wizards again.

Roll(1d20)+3:
17,+3
Total:20

Roll(1d10)+3:
8,+3
Total:11[/Sblock]

MAP http://http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm109/Halford2512/?action=view&current=RavenMarchesMap5JPEG.jpg&t=1214582867532

Moritheil: You can find a link to the RG on the first post of this thread. I will go ahead and say you try to disarm Dowkan, since he both seems to be a big threat and is perfectly positioned. Technically this does provoke, but since Dowkan cannot reach you all he could do is try to disarm you so we might as well suppose this is that first disarm attempt - which you win. I didn't bother rolling for Dowkan, since IC is down and it is actually impossible for him to suceeed, this is because Glaive has a +4 bonus for using a two handed weapon so even on a nat. 20 Dowkan would be 1 short.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Getting more and more confused by what is happening, the young elvin woman decides to act first, ask later. Hefting her mace in one hand, she moves to hit what threat is closest.

[sblock=ooc]

Will attack with mace, whatever enemy is closest.
Attack: 12
Damage, if its a hit: 4

Info:
HP: 10/10
AC: 12/12/10
Saves: Fort 4, Rex 4, Will 4.
Attack: +0, 1d8dmg, Threat 20/x2
Spells remaining: 5/3
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
K'inta moves around avoiding Ainel's reach to attack the remaining charmed commoner standing over Dargo's probe form as the shifter's lifeblood bleeds out beneath her. She swings at her foe, but is unable to connect.

The commoner to the left of Ainel takes a quick step diagonally north and attempts to skewer Dwokan with his spear. He strikes true and draws blood from the dwarf.

OOC: Hits AC 19 for 7 points - max damage, stupid commoner. See below for IC rolls.

The commoner to the right of K'inta's new position lunges at her and strikes with uncanny accuracy, but seems too surprised to drive the blow home with any particular force.

OOC: Nat. 20, fails to confirm, 3 points of damage.

The two other astonished commoners swing upon Ainel and their peer who had just attacked K'inta. Ainel is struck, barely, and blood trickles from his brow. The charmed commoner who attacked K'inta is also skewered - albeit with a glancing blow.

[Sblock=OOC] Wow 4 commoners with +1 to hit any every single one scores.

Commoner attacks 1.Dwokan 2.K'inta 3.Ainle 4.Commoner (1d20+1=19, 1d6+1=7, 1d20+1=21, 1d6+1=3, 1d20+1=18, 1d6+1=3, 1d20+1=17, 1d6+1=2)

Crit confirmation for commoner on K'inta. (1d20+1=4) [/Sblock]

Remove ads