The Worship Points System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again everyone! :)

For those new to this thread the Worship Points System is a d20 rulebook I am in the process of writing (should only be a few weeks now) that details every aspect of playing Deity/Immortal characters.

Here is an outline of the various chapters as they currently stand:

Chapter One: Apotheosis

Explains worship points, how they can are gained and this relationship between deities and worshippers.

Chapter Two: Divinity

Details general traits of divinity, types of deities, treatment of characters above 20th-level. Contains the 10 Divinity Templates each with its own example deity.

Chapter Three: Portfolios

Explains what portfolios are, how they are gained. Contains 37 Portfolio Templates and rules for detailing your own.

Chapter Four: Pantheons

Describes the role of Pantheons, relationships between gods, cosmogony, guidelines for creating and establishing your own pantheons.

Chapter Five: Powers

Details the powers a deity can manifest: Basic Powers, Special Attacks; Special Defenses and Esoteric Powers as well as guidelines for creating your own.

Chapter Six: Feats

Contains over 200 Feats including Blind Faith, Eminence and Suicidal Sneak Attack as well as rules for extrapolating Feats. Introduces MetaMartial and MetaMoral Feats as well as other new concepts.

Chapter Seven: Magic

Describes 5 new types of magic including Ley Lines, as well as outlining the magic of the gods with over 50 powerful new spells such as Excommunicate, Requiem and Testament.

Chapter Eight: Magic Items

Outlines Rules for creating artifacts, contains over 40 armour abilities such as Arcane or Bleeding, new materials, over 80 weapon abilities like Bitterness and Slaying, includes 20 sample artifacts including the Beholder Crown.

Chapter Nine: Monsters

Details over 40 new monsters including: Astral Worms; Orichalcum Golems and Writhing Elementals for battling deities, as well as rules for creating and modifying servants and monsters.

Chapter Ten: Realms

Describes how deities construct their realms, includes 3 sample deity realms.

Chapter Eleven: Prestige Classes

Presents 14 new prestige classes including:Chronomancer; Illuminati and Vestige

Chapter Twelve: Campaigns

Provides advice on different aspects of running deity level campaigns including dozens of ideas and provides a short adventure.

Chapter Thirteen: Persian Mythos

Contains all relevant information needed to use figures from Persian Mythology including clergy; deities; more monsters; more prestige classes; more artifacts; places of worship; customs; and another brief adventure.

Appendix One: Challenge Ratings

Includes my reworking of the Challenge Rating System for use above CR20.

Appendix Two: Deity Conversion Manual

A quick set of rules so that you can easily convert any deity from previous incarnations of D&D.

Appendix Three: Character Conversion.

A simple formula to convert characters from previous incarnations of D&D.

Appendix Four: The Rainbow Killers

Details a powerful party of divine mercenaries.

Appendix Five: Uber Mortals

Descriptions of 3* powerful individuals including Doomstar ;)

*may eventually be 4.

Any comments/questions!?

MythandLore

First Post
So when is it going to be done?
Any "realistic" time frame yet?
I remeber you wanted to get it out a long time ago. :)

Crothian

First Post
The Divine and the Defeated is the first book on gods that I've seen published. Its by Sword and Sorcery. While it is a very detailed look at the gods in their game world, I've seen that it would be real easy to use some of the info in it to create other gods.

Since it is the first diety book out there I was wondering if Upper Crust could comment on how easily it will be to use his book and the Divine and the Defeated. And if he could cooment on any similiarities or differences between the two.

dagger

Adventurer
Forum didnt look right with out a WPS thread going.

Attachments

• nightbelowcover.jpg
    nightbelowcover.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 75,697
  • i3-5.jpg
    i3-5.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 69,244
  • S4_Lost_Caverns_of_Tsojcanth.jpg
    S4_Lost_Caverns_of_Tsojcanth.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 69,244
  • B42.jpg
    B42.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 69,609
  • Dungeon_AoW_TSR82124_180.jpeg
    Dungeon_AoW_TSR82124_180.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 65,764
  • Isle_of_Dread.jpg
    Isle_of_Dread.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 65,961
  • u1-the-sinister-secret-of-saltmarsh.jpg
    u1-the-sinister-secret-of-saltmarsh.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 69,792
  • GDQ1-7QueenSpidersCover.jpg
    GDQ1-7QueenSpidersCover.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 64,930
  • G1-3_Against_the_Giants.jpg
    G1-3_Against_the_Giants.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 67,066
  • Castle_Amber_X2.jpg
    Castle_Amber_X2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 66,282
  • 61JBRQAA96L.jpg
    61JBRQAA96L.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 68,192
  • S1ModuleCover.jpg
    S1ModuleCover.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 64,181
  • B2_front.jpg
    B2_front.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 67,716
  • Temple-Cover-Two.jpg
    Temple-Cover-Two.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 64,505
  • Ravenloft_I6.jpg
    Ravenloft_I6.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 63,970

-Eä-

First Post
Greetings!

Alas! I could not keep my original name, so I had to add some extras to it. Fortunately I get to use the real letters this time (-;

These boards seem much more properly structured than the older ones. Evolution!

And yes! I have a question: What is a Ley Line?

Superman

First Post
dagger said:
Forum didnt look right with out a WPS thread going.
I know what you mean.
-Eä- said:
Greetings!

Alas! I could not keep my original name, so I had to add some extras to it. Fortunately I get to use the real letters this time (-;

-Eä- is a great name.
The -ä- is cool.

Hi all,

was out last night (enjoying Black Hawk Down), only just on the net a few minutes ago, and unfortunately I have to go out again in about ten minutes. However, I will be back in a few hours and I promise to reply to every question. :)

Yours sincerely - U_K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads