The Worship Points System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Avatar mate! :)

This is terrible, i leave for a few days and everything disappears and is changed, GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Your saying maybe a 4th huh, perhaps i'll can give you someone to throw in there if you'd like?

I don't know how I am even going to fit things in as they stand, if I am left with any room you have first call mate! ;)

Jarval

Explorer
The overview make for very interesting reading. I'll certainly be giving this book a look when it hits print.

Dream

First Post
Hi UK!

I was wondering about how do you handle the creation of "artifacts". Do you have to spend gold and XPs as usual or Divine Xps? (I don´t know whatcha call them :p )

In either case,could you please give us a sample(without detailed description if you prefer) artifact level item? (I´m more interested in its cost than its properties)

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• yes.gif
    yes.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 17,723

Dream said:

Hey there! :)

Dream said:
I was wondering about how do you handle the creation of "artifacts".

At a base level its pretty much an extension of the current system.

So the main factor is caster level. Its also possible to gain Feats that allow you to reduce the time taken creating items.

Dream said:
Do you have to spend gold and XPs as usual or Divine Xps? (I don´t know whatcha call them :p )

Non deities must spend gold and XP (deities can do this as well if they want), but deities have the option of spending WP (Worship Points) to offset Gold/Materials; XP and Time.

eg. Creating a +5 Vorpal Sword requires 100,000gp; 8000 XP and 200 days.

#1 A deity could expend 8000 WP instead of XP.
#2 A deity could reduce the costs to 10% by multiplying the WP by 10.
#3 Likewise a deity could offset the time in the same way.

Dream said:
In either case,could you please give us a sample (without detailed description if you prefer) artifact level item? (I´m more interested in its cost than its properties)

Well, without going into specifics a 30th-level caster could create a weapon with +10 enhancement bonus and +10 worth of special abilities.

This '+20' item would require normally 400,000gp; 36,000 XP and 800 days to create.

But a deity could offset the XP and the Time to 25 days* by expending 1,152,000 WP (36,000 x 32).

*Deities lose Worship Points if they devote more than a month (30 days) to any one endeavour that diverts their attention from their followers.

poilbrun

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:

Well, without going into specifics a 30th-level caster could create a weapon with +10 enhancement bonus and +10 worth of special abilities.

This '+20' item would require normally 400,000gp; 36,000 XP and 800 days to create.

But a deity could offset the XP and the Time to 25 days* by expending 1,152,000 WP (36,000 x 32).

*Deities lose Worship Points if they devote more than a month (30 days) to any one endeavour that diverts their attention from their followers.

Just a quick question : is 1,152,000 WP a lot or not? In other words, could every deity create such an item easily and/or often, or is it really a sacrifice?

Hi poil brun mate! :)

poilbrun said:
Just a quick question : is 1,152,000 WP a lot or not? In other words, could every deity create such an item easily and/or often, or is it really a sacrifice?

Well remember that you need 5000 WP to become a Quasi-deity and x10 that amount every increment.

So 1 million WP would be beyond the capabilities of a Hero-deity and be a significant sacrifice for a Demigod (providing they could afford it to begin with). It would be virtually irrelevant expenditure for a Greater God though.

Another point would be that a Demigod (unless they had 30 spellcaster levels in a single class) wouldn't be able to create such an item to begin with - Demigod innate abilities are at 20th-level.

Dream

First Post
Thanks UK! That was just what I was asking for.
The use of Worshipper Points is simply excellent!!:) In fact, I like it so much I almost forgive you for saying what you said about Barcelona F.C. on the old boards ;)

C u!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads