CZILLA yet lives?

Sitara

Explorer
So, has the uberness of the cleric survivied into 4e? I personally havn't studied the class much since firstly I am not fond of the cleric class as a whole, and secondly out of all the other classes it had (to me) the most boring powers.

However I hear that CZILLA is alive and well; someone over at char op on wotc boards made a combo of the cleric killing orcus in just one round! Solo!

FourthBear

First Post
Do you have a link to that CharOp or remember how it was accomplished? Was it using purely Cleric powers or using a multiclassed combo? I looked over the titles of the first five pages on CharOp and couldn't find anything likely.

Jack99

Adventurer
Sitara said:
So, has the uberness of the cleric survivied into 4e? I personally havn't studied the class much since firstly I am not fond of the cleric class as a whole, and secondly out of all the other classes it had (to me) the most boring powers.

However I hear that CZILLA is alive and well; someone over at char op on wotc boards made a combo of the cleric killing orcus in just one round! Solo!

Screenshot or it didn't happen!

Derren

Hero
FourthBear said:
Do you have a link to that CharOp or remember how it was accomplished? Was it using purely Cleric powers or using a multiclassed combo? I looked over the titles of the first five pages on CharOp and couldn't find anything likely.

It requires a Demigod Cleric (And it looks like the demigod, specifically its regeneration ability, is the broken part and not the cleric).
The cleric uses Seal of Binding to stun lock a solo monster while both, the monster and the cleric get damaged and divine regeneration to automatically heal that damage resulting in having the monster stunned and dealt damage for 50 rounds.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1044489

Archmage

First Post
Sitara said:

It's been done on this board as well, it's one of those things that requires the fight to happen in a way that encounters don't happen in an actual game. Key abilities are the 25th level daily power Seal of Binding and the Demigod ability Divine Regeneration. Assuming that no allies of Orcus are present to do anything about the cleric, and assuming the cleric hits with the attack, he will eventually take the big guy down after 50 rounds on average (the maximum duration of the ability). It should also be noted that hitting is a big "if"; on the Wis vs. Will attack roll, he needs an 18 with just his bonuses for Wis and holy symbol added in (Orcus' Will is 49; cleric is at 15+10+6=+31 to attack).

I don't think that's CoDzilla. CoDzillas generally didn't use single broken abilities or dodgy rules.

You couldn't make a CoDzilla the same way in 4e because there's much less buffing. It still might be possible, though.

FourthBear

First Post
Derren said:
It requires a Demigod Cleric (And it looks like the demigod, specifically its regeneration ability, is the broken part and not the cleric).
The cleric uses Seal of Binding to stun lock a solo monster while both, the monster and the cleric get damaged and divine regeneration to automatically heal that damage resulting in having the monster stunned and dealt damage for 50 rounds.
Yep, I've seen that. Sitara was referring to a one round kill of Orcus, though. The Divine Regeneration does seem to be perhaps over-potent, even for Epic. Although, if Orcus doesn't have anyone who can show up to help out in 50 rounds, that almost as remarkable as killing him in the first place. :)

Sitara

Explorer
Sorry Fourthbear, I just mean the cleric can do it Solo (as in one onone) , not in one round. but ts basically the same thing, since both of them are immobilized after the first round.

Also, while its true orkie would have allies, but see so would the Cleric. And going by the encounter charts in orkies entry, the minions/allies of orcus would be no match for the other pc's as long as orcus was out of the picture. (I mean come on, lich estiges? Minions? They wont stand a chance against epicpc's with orcus out of the way)
And, honestly whats wrong with Orcus being solo? We are assuming the cleric is solo here aswell. Iam sure orcus likes1-1 duels.

Lastly, has anyone tried this trick with the Tarrasque? I mean the Tarrasque WILL be solo! (i,e, no allies)

Archmage

First Post
Sitara said:
And, honestly whats wrong with Orcus being solo? We are assuming the cleric is solo here aswell. Iam sure orcus likes1-1 duels.

Lastly, has anyone tried this trick with the Tarrasque? I mean the Tarrasque WILL be solo! (i,e, no allies)
OK, playing the cleric solo you have a 15% chance (if you win initiative) of pulling this off (18+ to hit, remember?) and an 85% chance of a painful death. Hey, go for it - assuming the DM put you in the position of fighting Orcus solo, that's probably your big epic destiny quest and more power to ya!

As for the tarrasque, it's an automatic hit for the ability (32 Will), but it has resist 10 all damage, so by the time the ability is over the cleric has only done 850ish out of the tarrasque's 1420 hp - cleric snack to follow. But hey, at least he's bloodied big T and it can't use Fury of the Tarrasque on him.

doppelganger

Explorer
Archmage said:
OK, playing the cleric solo you have a 15% chance (if you win initiative) of pulling this off (18+ to hit, remember?) and an 85% chance of a painful death. Hey, go for it - assuming the DM put you in the position of fighting Orcus solo, that's probably your big epic destiny quest and more power to ya!
That 18+ doesn't include the stat bonus or the holy symbol magic bonus. That that level, both could +6, the Wis bonus could even be higher. That means a 70% chance. Still not great, but much better than 15%.

Remove ads