CZILLA yet lives?

FourthBear

First Post
Sitara said:
Sorry Fourthbear, I just mean the cleric can do it Solo (as in one onone) , not in one round. but ts basically the same thing, since both of them are immobilized after the first round.
OK, that sounds reasonable. I was curious whether I had missed a possible power exploit lurking out there. I do agree that Seal of Binding and high regeneration from any source does seem abusive. While there are ways to DM around it (introduce allies/situations that disrupt the happy, many-round scene), I think it deserves a better way to deal with it. The trick is to do so in such a way as to preserve the feel of the power, which I picture as one of those cinematic fantasy clash-of-the wills battles. My first instinct is to simply disallow the cleric using the power to benefit from regeneration or healing. I do think the best result of even a 30th level cleric successfully Seal of Binding a perfectly healthy Orcus should end in Orcus being damaged significantly and the cleric emerging bloodied after a number of rounds. I will note that another issue with using this power against solos is, of course, that it will leave the other party members with little to do but twiddle their thumbs.

Sitara

Explorer
Ofcourse, your players could always 'Let Their Powers Combine' and have Czilla transform into...

CORZILLA!!

Czilla uses binding on tarrasque and lowers it down to 850 hp. As soon as tarrasquqcomes out, Rzilla unleashed [ARMOR SPLINTER + BLADE CASCADE!!!] and takes the poor tarrasque out before it knowswhat hit him.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
doppelganger said:
That 18+ doesn't include the stat bonus or the holy symbol magic bonus. That that level, both could +6, the Wis bonus could even be higher. That means a 70% chance. Still not great, but much better than 15%.
Actually it did.
+15 from level.
+10 from a 30 Wisdom (so, a Dwarf to get that racial bonus).
+6 from magic holy symbol.
+31 to hit versus Will defense of 49. And with a daily, you generally only get the one chance to hit.

So a 15% chance of killing Orcus, if he doesn't Finger of Death you first for pulling him out of his harem chamber to try and kill him.

Jack99

Adventurer
Derren said:
It requires a Demigod Cleric (And it looks like the demigod, specifically its regeneration ability, is the broken part and not the cleric).
The cleric uses Seal of Binding to stun lock a solo monster while both, the monster and the cleric get damaged and divine regeneration to automatically heal that damage resulting in having the monster stunned and dealt damage for 50 rounds.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1044489

Wasn't that proven not to work? I think so.

MarkChevallier

First Post
There are many ways to resist necrotic, the most basic of which is the Wizard 10 Utility "Resistance" - at the level under discussion it will provide Resist 30+ to necrotic, making Orcus's Aura irrelevant.

In my opinion, the optimal character to pull this trick off is a multiclass elf wizard/cleric (tricked out Int and Wis for control style wizard powers, Divine Oracle paragon path). You get 3 attempts to make your Will attack (the last with a +2 bonus, and remember, you will likely have other bonuses to your attack from other PCs/sources), and you can have many utility powers to evade attack - the most basic of which should be the most excellent cloak of invisibility coupled with flight.

A flying, invisible Waczilla gets the job done.

Jack99

Adventurer
Hang on.

Cleric wisdom at level 26: 18+2 racial +7 level up = 27

The power will do 2d10+14 (assuming a +6 implement) or so. That's 25 damage or so per round. With epic regeneration, that is covered.

Problem is, for 49 rounds, it will do 25 damage, which is 1225 damage. Considering Orcus has 1525, this will not kill him, unless the cleric makes 300+ damage before. That might be hard to do and remain alive.

/shrug, this was just from a quick read-through, I haven't looked that much into the higher level powers and monsters yet. I am sure someone will point out why I am wrong.

Byronic

First Post
Sice we're talking about a hypothetical best case character let's not forget the Divine Oracle Paragon Path.

It'll allow you a +5 bonus against Orcus (Good Omens) AND allow you to roll your attack twice. Of course if you fail you'll be dazed until the end of your next turn but it's worth a shot.

Remove ads