Diablo III

I see previews of Diablo III are up. Any comments?

I didn't play the original Diablos, so I know nothing about the gameplay, but the graphics & gameplay on this look neat. Anyone know if it's actually a CRPG, or just a click & slash fest?

drothgery

First Post
Well, if it's anything like D1 and 2, it's probably a click'n'slash-fest.

A fun, addictive click'n'slash-fest :)

Yeah. Probably the only PC game I might actually buy. If Blizzard keeps the habbit of fairly modest system requirements, or there's enough lead time from the announcement to release that I can replace my vintage late 2006 laptop with a vintage late 2009 laptop, anyway. Or they do something completely un-Blizzardlike and release an Xbox 360 version.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
D3 will be the game that forces me to buy a new computer. Been putting it off for some time.

D1 and D2 were great. I expect more of the same with D3.

Wis

Flash_Plasma

First Post
sneaky crap, I lazily entered 2001 as my birthdate, now I cant watch the vids

on another note, I can't see what I'm typing in the text box very well

Cat Moon

Banned
Banned
The first Diablo was awesome, I've beat it six times before I got bored with it, and that was with the official expansion pack.

Two was okay, but I found it to be lacking in places. I grew bored with it relatively quickly. I hope three goes back to the games roots.

Verdande

First Post
Part of me was a bit worried they'd go full on MMO with it.

I doubt that blizzard would create World of Diablocraft, since they currently own the MMO market with World of Warcraft.

That said, I'm excited for Diablo 2. I have many a memory of staying up way, way later than I should have to grind with a buddy or two over LAN. Hack and slash clickfests are the best things for late-night gaming.

Also, Necromancer ftw.

Remove ads