Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Agreed to 4x for sprint.

Is the rest, including the preserver/defiler business all flavor, then?

Shade

Monster Junkie
That'll work. I could even see Run as a bonus feat.

Verini usually hunt in packs, and would rather exist peacefully with other intelligent races, but such is not always the case.

Usually, the verini tribe also holds gatherings where all of the members gather to discuss anything they feel is important. Everyone is given a chance to speak, and everyone is free to talk as long as they feel is necessary, so some of these meetings can last for days. However, most verini would look down on a member that could not get his point across within an hour or so. Interrupting a speaking member is considered a horrendous faux pas, an unspoken rule that few break.

The verini are family-oriented, with the parent verini raising their younglings in a structured environment. Most verini younglings are encouraged to begin along a path at an early age, whether it is a magical discipline or the pursuit of another career. Many verini are artistically oriented, and spend much of their time making jewelry, tapestries, and other beautiful works of art. Twice a year, two verini tribes come together to talk about everything that has happened since they last met. They trade goods, have long discussions, and the younger verini look for prospective mates. They listen to wondrous stories, told by the tribe’s storyteller, and join in large efforts to further their arts.

Craft (any one), Diplomacy, Knowledge (nature), Perform (oratory), Survival? Maybe mix in a few ranks of Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot for hunting purposes?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I was going to suggest Run, so making it bonus is fine with me.

I like those skill suggestions. Let's max Survival and take 2 ranks each off of Craft, Diplomacy, Knowledge, and Perform to split evenly among the last 4?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

ORGANIZATION: Tribal
NO. APPEARING: 1–50

Verini usually hunt in packs

There is a 20% change that any verini encounter will contain from 1–4 verini preservers or clerics. These are of 4th–19th level, with spells equivalent to a human preserver or cleric of similar level.

They live in tribes of 10–50, but larger caves could support tribes of up to 300 members.

Organization: Solitary, hunting pack (x-x plus 1-2 druids or clerics of xth-xth level), or tribe (10-300 plus 1-4 druids of clerics of 4th–19th level)?

Challenge Rating: 3?

Level Adjustment: +4? (1 higher than firenewt due to unbalanced ability scores)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads