Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
2e thri-kreen...

Venom: This venom is delivered through an older thri-kreen's bite. Anyone bitten must make a successful saving throw vs. paralyzation or be paralyzed. Smaller than man-sized creatures are paralyzed for 2d10 rounds, man-sized for 2d8 rounds, large creatures for 1d8 rounds, and huge and gargantuan creatures for only one round.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
So the thri-keen got a boost in the poison department. Let's take thri-keen poison and just bump up to 1d8 Dex, 2d8 minutes. Sound good?

Shade

Monster Junkie
That works for me. And of course, it's contact rather than injury due to the "spit delivery system".

freyar

Right. Ranged touch or regular range to allow armor and shields to get in the way of the spit?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Borrowing the structure from the guardian naga...

Poison (Ex): Contact, Fortitude DC x, initial damage 1d8 Dex, secondary damage paralysis for 2d8 minutes. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Spit (Ex): A verini can spit its venom up to 30 feet as a standard action. This is a ranged touch attack with no range increment. Opponents hit by this attack must make successful saves (see above) to avoid the effect. A verini must wait 1d2 rounds after spitting for its poison glands to refill.

freyar

This is curious. I happened to be looking through my MM2 this morning and saw the thri-kreen. The poison listed there does 2d6 minutes paralysis for both primary and secondary. Where'd you see that poison, Shade?

Anyway, I'm still pretty happy with the poison as we have it, though I can negotiate on making the primary damage more paralysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads